In honor of...

I don't normally go after this kind of stuff via the web but here it goes.

On 6/23/09 my nephew Heath Lane Gisler passed away after putting up one hell of a fight. He was born 4/29/09 (23 weeks premature), and from the time he was born he had been on life support., The family decided to remove him from life support, after running a series of test the doctors declared him brain dead and there was nothing that could be done to save him.

This coming Sat. night, we at Last Minute Racing are going to do the "Missing Man" formation with 3 laps around the track, and would like any other drivers that would like to be apart of this. The parents of Heath will be attending the race that night and I felt that this is the least we could do for them. I ask all drivers that attend the nights race to participate in the Missing Man laps around the track. I want Heaths parents to know there are allot of us racers that care what happens to other racers families, especially the young. The information for this will be discussed at the drivers meeting.

For those that participate, Heath's parents and I would like to thank you very much! :(

My condolences on the loss of your family member, especially being an infant. Things like this really put everything else in perspective and make you realize there are much more important things in life and the value of life itself. I hope every driver at Shady Oaks joins in your effort and pays their respect to the family. The racing community is very tight knit and supportive when things like this happen so I have no doubt this will have a positive outcome.

Brian,

I am truly sorry for you and your family's loss. It would be an honor to join your missing man parade lap, and the very least I could do. I understand that the little fighter help on for almost all day even after the life support machines were removed. Just when you think your life is so bad, look around, and then appreciate what you do have.

Victor

Brian,

We are truly sorry for the loss you and your family suffered this past week-words cannot express....

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the memorial tribute to Heath-it was truly an honor. We will never forget..............

LMR-you are an outstanding group of people!

The Van Blarcum Family

Andy, Melissa, Amalia, Hannah & Rebekah

I want to say thank you ALL VERY VERY much for participating in the missing man laps with me! After was all said and done, I went up and spoke to my family and they were in tears and wanted em to tell ALL of you thank you. They never imagined that people that didn't even know them or Heath would be willing to honor his passing.

Jim,

You are a true friend! I could have never been able to accomplish this with out your help. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

That goes for all the drivers that participated as well as those that didn't, if there is anything I can assist you in or Last Minute Racing can assist you in, please let us know.

Brian,

We are truly sorry for the loss you and your family suffered this past week-words cannot express....

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the memorial tribute to Heath-it was truly an honor. We will never forget..............

LMR-you are an outstanding group of people!

The Van Blarcum Family

Andy, Melissa, Amalia, Hannah & Rebekah

Andy & Family,

I really appreciate what you guys have done for me & my family during the hard times as well as the good. You are apart of my family and always will be. The Pink Posse is one AWESOME group and we will always will be welcome in my home, race shop.....

Thank you VAnBlarcum's

I'm sorry Rusty and I missed the missing man laps. We finished hot laps only to have to fix Rusty's car and I looked up and you guys were already on the last lap and pulling in. We wanted to be there with everybody and show support to the family. We just didnt hear the call for it.

As we said last night, we are sorry for the loss and wish the best to all of your family. If theres anything you need just let me know.

Johnny

I'm sorry Rusty and I missed the missing man laps. We finished hot laps only to have to fix Rusty's car and I looked up and you guys were already on the last lap and pulling in. We wanted to be there with everybody and show support to the family. We just didnt hear the call for it.

As we said last night, we are sorry for the loss and wish the best to all of your family. If theres anything you need just let me know.

Johnny

Thank you Johnny for the kind words. It was the thought that counts. Thanks my brother!

Hey Brian,

It was special to be able and help put the sticker deal and missing man deal together with you.....Im glad to see the family loved what us dirt track racers love and care about others faimlies...... You know all of us here at LMR are one big family and help each other out..... I for one greatly appreciate you hauling my car to the track... With me coming from out of town i would not had been able to do it without you..... Thanks so much..... Well hope to see ya at the shop.... laters

Always Remember

HEATH......ONE HELL OF A FIGHTER

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Brian,

It was special to be able and help put the sticker deal and missing man deal together with you.....Im glad to see the family loved what us dirt track racers love and care about others faimlies...... You know all of us here at LMR are one big family and help each other out..... I for one greatly appreciate you hauling my car to the track... With me coming from out of town i would not had been able to do it without you..... Thanks so much..... Well hope to see ya at the shop.... laters

Always Remember

HEATH......ONE HELL OF A FIGHTER

Thank you LMR11

Archived