6th - $100

7th - $80

8th - $70

9th - $60

10th - $50

11th - $40

12th - $30

13th thru 24th - $25

For More Information Contact CC Speedway @ 361-289-8847 or e-mail the track @ ccspeedway.biz@gmail.com

HOPE TO SEE A FULL FIELD OF CARS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a possibility that the purse will go up at all for this race. i know of some dirt guys that would run but tires are a issue for just one race on asphalt. what can be worked out here.

Anything is possible for the purse but what is posted is guaranteed. You can run any of the following tires: American racer, Hoosier 500 and Goodyear.

$1,000 to Win

CC Speedway

June 20, 2009

Sport Mod Class

No Entry Fee - Just Purchase Pit Pass for $25

Will Start 24 Cars

All Non-Qualifiers will get pit pass back

Feature Pay Scale as Follows:

1st - $1,000

2nd - $700

3rd - $400

4th - $250

5th - $150

6th - $100

7th - $80

8th - $70

9th - $60

10th - $50

11th - $40

12th - $30

13th thru 24th - $25

For More Information Contact CC Speedway @ 361-289-8847 or e-mail the track @ ccspeedway.biz@gmail.com

HOPE TO SEE A FULL FIELD OF CARS

I must say I am surprised to see this post on my forum page but OK! The purse shown pays $1000 to win but what does 13th pay? $25! Shady Oaks Speedway will pay 6th -13th a GUARANTEED $100 . Thats Right! $100 for 6th -13th,we are not trying to get into a purse battle here but I have always said the winners share should not be too large if the CORE racer's pay is very little. 6th -15th are the CORE racer,the one who shows up to have fun and enjoy dirt track racing with the family. iF WE PAY YOU GUYS A BIT MORE THE COST OF BRINGING THE WHOLE FAMILY IS DEFRAYED BY THE PURSE PAID OUT. We look forward to seeing you all this weekend and can tell you right now the track will be sticky!

Jim Scribellito

Thats a good one to put up a blowout deal on another tracks forum pages....... But hey its cool with jim..... See the man dont care what happens..... Just wants the car count..... And i as a pure stock driver thinks it will happen.... The first two races was running in the back and now with the few changes i made hopefully be running up frontl..... As for LMR175 KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK......

I fing it intresting that most of the tracks are trying to get the majority of sport mods to race at THEIR track with purse differences and schedualing arrangements while others are calling FOUL.

The fact is all the tracks are doing a great job and theres no way a racer can be at more than one track at a tome.So where does this lead us?Do we close some tracks or rotate races?I dont believe this is an acceptable answer.

Each track is close to a populase aera so thats where the core racer for any track will come from.On special events its nice to have a large field on cars from other tracks but its hard to have a weekly show relying on out of towners.The sport mods are not the only type of car that races also.Its success is relative to the conformity of rules.If that same conformity was used in other classes each class would grow the same way.I read many posts about how a pure stock,bomber,hobbie or even minnie stocks differ from track to track.Common rules is what is needed at all tracks if they ever want to grow racing in general.IMCAs success is soley because of this.The exact same car can race anywhere.It used to be modifieds but like the dirt late models they got too expensive.BTW,the dirt lates are still the feature class for the northern tracks.Only the promoters are in a position to do this or compete for the existing cars.Common rules work.

Prehaps it would be fruitful if one or more of the competeting tracks was to feature another class of cars that are not being fought over.The idea that only one type of car intrests the fan is crap.Any type of car can make great racing if there are enough of them.There was no greater spectacle than 40 bombers going all out for 50 laps at CC Speedway.Nobody went for hot dogs when they raced.12 cars of any type is not exciting and predictable but 40 cars is not.One of my favorite classes to watch is the dwarfs,they really are fast and furious.

As for CC Speedway,the sport mods were added because of their popularity.This offered a source of ready built cars for people who wanted to race here without starting from scratch.As people bought new cars older ones become available for the person wanting to race at their favorite track.Theres always sport mods on every tracks classified pages all over the country and all of them are legal entries at almost every track.When Robert Tesier was running Rio Grande Speedway he would buy old modifieds up north and sell them locally for his own racers.It worked,many nites we had 35 modifieds.Now its the sport mods.Included is CC Speedway.They quickly became the feature class with the best payout and became an every week event.So a person who wants to race asphalt CAN race every week.All the classes at CC are building a strong core from right here in Corpus and every class will have a special race like this one.Its not about stealing other tracks cars,its to reward the CC racers for their loyality.It should not have a negative effect on any other track.Each tracks core of racers will not abandon their favorite track.There is however asphalt racers who are very intrested in this type of car and this race can be a great introduction.And this type of car can get someone racing quickly.Their already out there.CC is just another place for a sport mod racer to sell their old car so theyt can buy a new one. JMO

All the Lone Star Speedzone track forums were flooded with this announcement. I thought I deleted all the posts that on forums where that track was running limited mods that same night. I apparently missed the Shady Oaks post. Since then I have removed them all except for the one in this forum.

So, I apologize to any tracks that were flooded with this ad and sincerely hope that everything turns out OK for all parties concerned.

Hopefully I will catch stuff like this earlier and not fall asleep at the wheel.

Nick

Nick,please remember these posts were not done by the track but rather an overzelious CC racer who was excited about CC entering the fray of special races.Im sure he meant no harm.Passion is a hard thing to control but a good thing to have.

Nick,please remember these posts were not done by the track but rather an overzelious CC racer who was excited about CC entering the fray of special races.Im sure he meant no harm.Passion is a hard thing to control but a good thing to have.

Love the passion. Just wish I had been more alert!

Nick

what rules are they going by

They are going by IMCA rules with the exception that you can run the hoosier 500 or the american racer or the goodyear,and they are teching by the way.

I saw this and wish C.C. Speedway a lotta luck.Why they didn't do this this weekend instead of the same night of the big race in Edna , which has been scheduled for several weeks , is interesting.And Mr. Scribellito is right.

Wish both tracks the best. I think this would be a big race for CC other than the fact that they allow the Goodyear tires for the sports mods. I don't see a whole lot of racers spending money for tires for one race when they can go to Edna for the same money on tires they already have. Hope to get me a sport mod one day. They sure look like fun.

i ran competitivly with the dirt tires and ran the same times as i am with the goodyears

the only reason we put the goodyears on is because they would last more than a couple weeks

but if the dirt guys want to come out and try it the can run competitivly with the hoosier 500 and a sway bar

Greg,I think you and others are again missisg the point.If this was to be a one time race for someone they could easily race this one with an older set of Hoosers AKA pulloffs and have as good a chance as with Goodyears.True the tires will wear fast but the really fast cars on any asphalt car do wear fast.Keep practice to a minimum,save a set for the feature.Use tires not good enough for dirt anymore.Treat them if needed.I know for a fact on some nites the dirt track will wear tires faster than this track,been there,done that.

Now the real story is hopefully this is not a one nite deal for some sport mod racers.There will be some who for whatever reason do not do well regulary at their dirt track,possibly because of stiff competetion,hi dollar teams,expensive rule exceptions or just not dialing in who will decide to make CC Speedway their weekly track.Every week and get maximum use of the asphalt compound Goodyears.As the track builds,the prizes will improve even more.And you know as well as I that racing every week makes one improve automatically.As the 3 asphalt tracks gain more info and support from the SM cars more oppourtunity opens up for special events.For a Corpus racer who does not want to spend so much time on the road this allows him to race here at home every week making the cost more affordable.For an out of towner like me the truck fuel is the biggest expense.My journy is 300 miles round trip.Remember too that it only costs 25$ for one person with his car to race.No redgestration fees,no parking costs,no car fee.And the cars last longer,fewer accidents and less strain.Plus its FAST.As close to NASCAR as most will get.

Its a shame this race falls on Ednas big nite but at least its on a nite the other CC track is closed.Every Sat nite someone is racing somewhere unless you do this in December.If only 10 new people show up here along with the regulars it will be a great race.Heck,we saw great racing last Sat without any non regulars.In every class.CC will eventuall have full fields of CC racers regardless of what other tracks are doing..The track has to reinvent itself and its on the right track.For over 60 years this place has been home for many.Its unnerving sometimes for younger racers to come to me and say "my grandfather used to race with you" Your Dad is a big part of CC history as well as you.I saw the orgin of the FLYING CARLUCHI"No other track in Texas can compare to its history.I wish it had a museum to share this with others.

I know many will scoff at this race but the core of racers,especially those less well funded,never say anything.To them I say WELCOME to CC Speedway,everyone is important here.I cant wait for the Thunder Cars big race nite.Every class is going to get one.

Thanks for reading.

IMCA rules say....14. TIRES/WHEELS: Must use unaltered Hoosier ‘500’ Race tire, with IMCA stamped on sidewall. 27 by 8 by 15 or 26.5 by 8 by 15 ‘stagger tire’ allowed. No chemical softening or conditioning allowed (Refer to IMCA Operations and Inspection Manual or General Rules for automatic penalties). Tires may be ground or siped within confines of tread. Effective July 1, 2009 no grooving allowed. All wheels must display white “IMCA approved” decal and wheel manufacturer decal. Any offset

so treating tires seems to be out per the "imca" rules

"expensive rule exceptions " if it's IMCA then how can this be a factor?

i think your missing the point thumper if they had stuck to the IMCA rules and stayed on the IMCA tire then you have the POSSIBILITY of picking up cars on off weekends, the guys that have gone there and raced with the "500" haven't won a race against a "goodyear". even though STS is off that sat nite the EDNA race is A SERIES RACE for the SPORT MODS and is paying a nice purse and also a points bonus at the end of the series. yes you are correct that some cars will try the asphalt wether it's cause of "stiff competetion" "high dollar teams" or "not dialed in as you say" but an ill handlig car is an ill handling car regardless of the surface.

there are high dollar teams at every track and there is stiff competetion at all tracks so to say that someone should go race asphalt cause they can't run competitevly against others cause of those reasons is wrong, the answer is learn your set-ups and work on your car to make it more competitive. if its asphalt or dirt doesn't matter . and stuff a limited in the boiler plate at cc and it won't last any longer than stuffing one in the concrete front straight at the dirt track! they are race cars and shituff happens.and will! either way enjoy i'll be in Vegas!

what rules are they going by

They are going by IMCA rules with the exception that you can run the hoosier 500 or the american racer or the goodyear,and they are teching by the way.

well on two seperate occasions the "tech" man hasnt been teching by the imca rule. i saw he pulled vacum from the carb and it clearly states in the imca rules that vacum MUST be pulled from the intake. and he also let people running a powersterring pump with a remote reservoir and the imca rules clearly states the the powersterring pump and reservoir must be one unit.

+Thank you for the oppourtunity to clear some items/

First there are many ways to treat a tire without chemicals.First grinding the crust is important.I groung my IMCA tires every week and had 2 complete sets so my feature tires were fresh.Grinding brings back pliability to the surface.Next,on asphalt its important to heat cycle the tires,they will get more heat than on dirt.Also storing them with max air pressure will strech the tire so no unwanted rollout changes will affect handeling during a race.Ive even heard scrubbing tires with Ivory soap can enhance grip on pavement.

Next the IMCA tire is not outlawed.It is perfectly legal on any given nite.I personally think they have an advantage due to their softer compound.Their just too expensive for a weekly program.It would be smart if a top runner ran this race with new,heat cycled Hooser softer tires,won the grand to pay for them.It would be not fair to have the regular CC racers have to buy Hoosers just for this race.I doubt a dirt car could beat a regular without some chassis tuning regardless of tires.What tire does IMCA use on asphalt anyway??Point is any sport mod can be in this race for a 25$ pit pass.Period.And they can spend as much as they want if desired.The advantage is always home court at any track.Its because of chassis tuneing.

Finally the most important item about teams struggling with handling.Ive heard what some of the frontrunners call them,I was also one.Junk,sheet,backmarkers,garbage,I heard it all.Even Tony Stewart still uses these terms.As you know a dirt track is always changing,even during a feature race sometimes.Asphalt also changes some but not nearly as much so its easier to dial in a chassis with less time.Also most asphalt tracks have much more practice time to use for chassis changes and testing.For this reason a strugling team might well advance faster on asphalt because they can tell right away if changes were good or bad and not did the track change make the difference.Yes its easier to get in the ballpark on asphalt but just as hard to find that last 5%.As a result the cars run closer together in speed so less wrecks occour.Less freewheeling is easies on the engine and a smoother surface is more gentle on the car and driver.Your not supposed to hit any wall.

I know what its like to try to guess wrong whats needed for a feature on dirt and many times I guessed wrong.Most pavement cars require very little changing once their in the zone.

The bottom line is the top teams are going to race where the money is,the medoicre teams will go where their friends go but the lower funded teams dont have to sit home or spend money to race this race or any nite at CC for that matter.Quit picking on me or I will make a larger response :lol:

I don't mean any disrespect and unfortunately don't have a car in this class....wish I did and hope to soon. BUT, I have been racing for a little while now and I know that the Hoosiers and the Goodyears are no where near comparable. Not even in the ball park. I think the stop watch was a little off. Now run both tires for a full feature race. Give me an honest run, and I bet I'll beat ya. From the great Harry Hyde.

I guess there is more than one point to this matter. Depends on what side of the fence you are on. You have a dirt sport mod ready to go but need some good asphalt tires (over $400). Or you already have asphalt tires, but only have 5 or 6 other cars to race with. Thumper, you are a racing opportunist. That is awesome for supporting local racing. But you contradict yourself sometimes. I am really surprised that you are taking the stance that you are taking. If this were a mini stock thing, the talk would be about money and what it would cost to get your car ready and competitive for this race. Would you want to fork out the money for this deal with no idea what may be in the future. You choose to travel on a weekly basis because of money. All I am saying is that if the sport mod drivers have to choose, they will travel because of money. I would love to see a big sport mod race at CC. Just have to think on a practical level here. If you want to pull cars into this class, you need to start where these cars are. Make it easy for these guys to come and try out asphalt racing......and then leave it up to them to decide where they want to race. You think top notch sport mod drivers are going to grab some pull offs for a chance to win $1000. These guys don't want to make laps on used Hoosiers or Goodyears. They want to know they have a chance of winning $1000 or at least have a chance to run up front.

The real point is that this class should be where one can take their car and race dirt one week and race asphalt the next. Really build these young racers where they can get all kinds of experience with minimal cost.

First let me say that I enjoy reading the opinions of two long time successful local race car drivers, Flyin34 and Thumper. They give us good food for thought!

You know I've not seen more enthusiasm and excitement in a group of race car drivers as I have in the CC Sport Mod class. These guys are having a blast racing for all the right reasons, having FUN and for the love of the sport.! I've not seen nor heard one complaint about the rules come out of one of these CC sportmod racers. It's funny that the only ones complaining don't even race in the sportmod class or even CC Speedway.

This class was made possible at CC speedway by an individual that is no stranger to the sport. Mr. Dan Monroe has given all who want to participate a platform where one can race affordable and have a great time doing it. I trust that the rules in place will afford drivers to race in a class that is fair and one that will reward those who can adjust there cars to the tracks conditions each week. For all of you that insist on trying to tear down the most exciting class to come to Corpus Christi in years, I say let's allow the drivers of this class to decide when a rule change or enforcement is necessary!

Archived