Cary's first report from N. C.

Talked to Kelli again a few minutes ago. She said he went back out for a second session and ran 16 flats - 2 tenths quicker than his first run. They were getting him belted into the second car when I called her.

I don't know if this means much, but the Camping World series pole time at this track in 2008 was a 16.04. Sounds like he's right where he needs to be. Kelli said it's crazy cold there today also.

WHAT??!! You mean it's not all the crew chief? Cary can actually drive??? LOL... Hey, just think how fast Cary could run if Chase were twisting the bolts!

Nick

Question (that maybe only Cary can answer)-car looks like a Busch/ARCA car, but it's running Hoosier tires. What is it? Is it big spring or coilover? Steel body or FRP? Motor?

Hopefully Cary can give a little more info when he gets back, but from what he told me - it was reported to be a Camping World Series car - not sure which wheel base (I think they can run old Cup or Busch cars in that series.) The car sported 10" Hoosiers and big springs. He told Gunnar that it had a crate motor in it, but I didn't get the details on that. I thought they ran built motors in that series.

I think they call it a sealed engine. its still can be built by who ever but you basically buy the kit from wagner I believe. we have done a few where I work. I think there still around 25k and 600hp.

Thanks Colt. I noticed in one of Kelli's pics that the distributor is in the front of the block, so I didn't think it was any type of standard crate motor.

Colt is correct,it is a sealed built motor with about 600hp. The cars are ex busch cars that are now Camping World cars, which are steel bodied.They had to run Hoosiers because that's all they can buy right now.All the parts on the engine have a "barcode" that nascar can scan.The first car was Hamlins old car and the second one was Stewarts.

We're packing up right now to come home, I have to admit i'm ready to get back to TEXAS.

The spec engine was designed by Carl Wegner of Wisonsin.

Teams purchase the engines in either a complete ready-to-race package or in an unassembled kit.

I think the engines are handled through a place called Providant Auto Supply in North Carolina.

Colt may know more about that.

Colt is correct,it is a sealed built motor with about 600hp. The cars are ex busch cars that are now Camping World cars, which are steel bodied.They had to run Hoosiers because that's all they can buy right now.All the parts on the engine have a "barcode" that nascar can scan.The first car was Hamlins old car and the second one was Stewarts.

We're packing up right now to come home, I have to admit i'm ready to get back to TEXAS.

Your bringing that cold air with you I hear. :lol::lol:

Good point, Chase. I hope everyone bundles up - not a lot of heat in the garage area.

Ed,

I'm hoping Cary will be at the meeting. We'd like to add him to the agenda to share his experiences with everyone.

Archived