Thunderhill Raceway local results, 4/26/08

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Nick, I will go along with the complexity of the tech rules being difficult to evaluate as to their severity but I kind of think saying its impossible is not true. Somewhere along the line NASCAR took this issue up and decided that a set of penalties be set for rules infractions and decided that was far better than simply disqualifying everybody for everything. NASCAR sets a pretty good example to follow I would think.

As for Shaun, I am sure he spoke at a moment when he was feeling way down but by May 10th he will be back to being Competitive Shaun and ready to tackle the hill he has to climb to get back up into the points chase. But I wonder, are there any competitors out there who stopped coming to THR because they felt they were disqualified over something they thought was minor. :)

i have all the respect in the world for jack sandefur.

we broke a rule , and we will take our punishment. it's not jacks fault for doing his job. i just feel like as many others have stated their should be a better system for adjusting penalties to fit the offense.

i have felt that way for a while , not just now because of my situation. a guy gets DQed for a bolt hanging an 1/8th inch lower than right height and looses all money and points for the night? that is not right.

in 1995 this system might have been okay , we ran 24 races in 95.....we have 13 on the schedule now. evrything changes,rules change(trust me) , races in a season change,,,,,but this punishment policy does not? maybe it's time to evolve......not for me, like i said i'm taking my punishment. but for the next guy.

realistically (in my eyes) my season is a failure because i WON'T realistically reach our goal. it doesn't mean i won't still have fun racing. 5 months of prep was wasted (our fault not jacks) and it is very discouraging. but i will always love to race.

in my previous statment i was saying that other things come up , that most of the times fall on saturdays that i would like to be part of. now i just feel like i have that option.

jack deserves all the respect we can give him, he has had to disqualify lots of freinds over the years.....and i'm sure that really suX. and i like to think we are freinds,,,,,so if he DQed me.... you can't bet your a$@ he'll DQ you.

thanX to all those who said encouraging things...it means alot. but i ain't going now, i seldom know what it is that a normal 'non' racing family does.

jack deserves all the respect we can give him, he has had to disqualify lots of freinds over the years.

SP, Since racing at Thunderhill I have been DQ'ed (once) and it may come as a surprise to a few people who didn't know, but most know Jack dq'ed ME AND IT WAS HIS OLD CAR! (The dq came as a result of ride height and it was approx. an 1/8 too low.) Bottom line = car was not 4 1/2 inches above the ground. I was wrong and didn't pay enough attention to that tire pressure or tire stagger or whatever. I know this is far off your deal, but MAYBE the dq was good for one thing and that is to show Jack does play fair. Just because I bought his car didn't mean I get to play by a different set of rules or I get special privileges. That night it showed Jack doesn't play favorites. I'm sure he hated to do it (esp his old car making it to tech), but like you said friendship is one thing, enforcing the rules is another.

You bring that ole' #28 car out there next Sat. night and we'll do some dancing on the racetrack! Let's make Davey proud. (Just don't leave me too far behind)!!!!!!!!!!! D.

..... say crazy .we have a bent car .and running top three in tps points ..and it has been a very long season for us and we are only into three races ..we have not been able to take a work week or weekend off and injoy anything with our family.s ... its tireing . but we wont give up to anyone to go after the goal we have set for ourselfs this year .at any cost moneyand time wise .and it has cost a very large bundle and it isnt over yet ..maybe we wont meet our goal .but we are not giveing up the gost yet ... THIS I WILL PREDICT ..YOU WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP ... IF NOT . THEN EITHER WAY WE WILL LOOK AT YOU AS A CHAMPION ..... WHO NEEDS THAT TROPHIE ,WHEN OTHER DRIVERS AND FANS ARE BEHIND YOU ..

Well said Old Timer. Shaun definitely a champion regardless. I too respect Jack and do not envy him his job. Its tough no matter who he has to DQ. He definitely plays by the rules as does Rick. But in an earlier post I did point out that I by no means was attacking the messenger, rather the message itself is in dire need of update. I agree with all that Shaun said and not just because I like the guy. I think he is speaking for others who feel the same way about it. :)

one way you can look at ..is that small part on a car that will have a miner impack on performance . be the only small part on that car ..as a total alot of small parts can lead up to alot of exstra performance ...hey aint thats what racen is aboult . and im not picking on crazys car . just in general ... heck i dont know if our car is one hundred percent legal .. but i try ..

Plain and simple, It won't be the same at THR, without that bright smileing face around the pit's. Oh, and that BRIGHT #28 S/S. Hope that won't be the case, but if it is, I'm behind you guy's 100%, on you decision. Good luck to a great bunch of competitor's, on what ever you decide.

Archived