RULES

postell69

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The F 53 tires are good race tires but the new tires are alot faster than 1 race old tires. The 970 seems to last alot longer and doesn't fall off as bad. Both seem to cut easy on the sharp little rocks in the pits at CC. I don't know about the Goodyears. I think the G 60 would be the best choice. There are 3 brands, the American Racer, Hoosier, and Southwest speed. They all have the same tread pattern and same size. The Hoosier and Southwest Speed are a little softer than the American Racer. The Southwest Speed tire is the cheaper of the 3. The American racer wears like the street tires, It gets better the more its ran untill it falls off.

The F 53 tires are good race tires but the new tires are alot faster than 1 race old tires. The 970 seems to last alot longer and doesn't fall off as bad. Both seem to cut easy on the sharp little rocks in the pits at CC. I don't know about the Goodyears. I think the G 60 would be the best choice. There are 3 brands, the American Racer, Hoosier, and Southwest speed. They all have the same tread pattern and same size. The Hoosier and Southwest Speed are a little softer than the American Racer. The Southwest Speed tire is the cheaper of the 3. The American racer wears like the street tires, It gets better the more its ran untill it falls off.

by then you have nothing but the cord left.

I think the G60 would be the best choice as well, seeing as you can run them at both tracks in this class.

Go with any of the other racing tires, get ready to price people out of the ball game and get ready for boring follow the leader racing. These tires just make up for a driver's inability to handle a lesser tire. I think the only people who want racing tires are those that need that handicap.

I thought that we settled this mess at the meeting last thing about the tires was the 70s thats what we are going to run So leave the tire thing alone and run the same tires and get the cars ready. If your going to run at another track you know to get the tires that they run

Fluing 34 you are absolutely correct.A good race tire hides shortcommings in eather a driver or car or both.You dont need trick tires to have good racing.The only winner is the tire seller.Thats why Mr Yocum put everybody on street tires to begin with.Its easier for an out of town person to buy a new or used set of street tires to race here than it would be to have to buy a set of paticular race tires for 500$ or more.I dont see why they want to change tires anyway,the race will not improve.Even the G60s did not last long when modifieds raced with them a few years back.Street tires puts useable horsepower in a more even playing field.Look at todays modifieds.Modified,no engine restrictions,hard narrow tire.Limiteds,racing tires and lots of engine restrictions.Tires set the bar as to how much power is enough.If you cannot put down more than 400hp who needs 600.If you can put down 600,everybody needs that and thats when you price people out of the class.Not just the tire price.That also means more teardowns looking for any advantage.Whatever tire you guys pick needs to be readyly available and might should be sold at the track too for fairness.Afterall what kind of BULLRING has cowboys riding quarter horses?I think it would be better to go with any street tire with an 8" footprint and a treadwear rating of no less than 200.By midseason the best tire will show up.It will still be affordable.Outsiders can pick up a full used set at a used tire store or junkyard for around 100$ if they wanted to try this track.As for pulloffs,who wants to buy used racing tires that have been taken the best out of.Who would sll a good used tire if its still as fast.Any brand of tire,the front runners will always have fresh rubber,period.The poor guys will get frustrated and quit.You will end up with a dozen cars and very few out of towners.Forget pulloffs,pick a tire thats cheap and durable.Forget about speed,think of THE RACE.Let the touring series have the fancy stuff,they dont race every week.All this is just my opinion based on years of seeing bad decisions.Money is going to get tighter,bear that in mind.Dont let the guys with deep pockets set the bar.Most others cant keep up.I watched this happen at RGS with their outlaw modified rules,no claim,and saw the car count go from 35 cars to 10 or 12 weekly.The ones that quit were the ones that did not win and couldnt keep up with the costs.I bet many are still paying off credit cards today.

I thought that we settled this mess at the meeting last thing about the tires was the 70s thats what we are going to run So leave the tire thing alone and run the same tires and get the cars ready. If your going to run at another track you know to get the tires that they run

hey black flag you got your shop cleaned yet lol

THUMPER(GB)

We made the statement long ago that no one would be run off for winning races as long as they played within the rules. We are trying to rebuild public confidence in this track. You, however, continually post negative comments about this track and new management without giving us a chance, not only within your own class but across the board. It is because of this attitude that you will no longer be welcome at"THE ASPHALT BULLRING'. Yes we are in a learning curve but have not made any major changes to the rules only clarified some grey areas within the thunder class. We want drivers with a positive attitude that will promote good will.

I don't see how gb was negative about the track. He was just voiceing he's opinion about the tire rules or is that not allowed at this track. I have only raced cc one time and i'm currently getting a mustang ready to race there next season. And the only reason I am doing so is cause of all the good things gb has said about it. He is always saying that the thunders get the same amount of respect there as any other class not like many of the other tracks and how the racers, fans, and everyone at the track are top notch. So I guess for now the mustang will be put on hold.

Archived