Drag Racing 1/8 mile History

ProTree

wasnt a scheduled event Reb,things happened that turned it from a 1/4 to an 1/8th miler.Also ended up changing a 1/4 miler to an 1/8th in Canada during an event,because of top end conditions from so much rain water seeping thru the track.But this will be the first that will be scheduled to be an 1/8th mile National from the get go.Plans call for few more in the future around the country.I like em 1/8th,you have to win it on the front end instead of using top end HP to drive around somebody.In other words,you snooze,you'll more than likely lose.Plus most of the fueler's blow up in the last 1000ft-1200 ft when they blow,so it cuts down on that also,get more back to back racing,with fewer clean ups.

Are they going to charge 1/2 price since they are racing 1/2 as far? LOL I just can't get into watching the IHRA let alone 1/8 mile drag racing. When I watch IHRA, its like like watching the minor leagues of drag racing. Clay Millican dominated in IHRA and he barely qualifies over in the NHRA.

Everybody has their opinions Andy,and you're entitled to it,just like if I might have mine about your racing group.We don't try to be NHRA,they are the biggie,they are the big $$$$.There is enough of the pie for everybody.A vast majority of our pro teams are family run financed teams with little corporate backing,so they have a place to race and compete.Where our big deal is,is with the Sportsman racers,we draw more than the other group.And as far as Clay,he's a personal friend of mine and I keep tabs on him,he only DNQ for 2 events out of 21 so far this season with NHRA with an average qualifying position of 8.8 out of a 16 car field.He was in top 3 qualifying 4 times.He just can't seem to put back to back consistent runs together to win.Maybe in a year or two,he'll get one.

Archived