head banger

HiTech

BY PASSED MSD BOX

OT,

This was my guess...

We have had 6AL at least a dozen loose different cylinders or even multiple cylinders in the past. Buddy of mine had it happen at SAR on the line about 3 years back. He disconnected it and it ran fine...

Keep us posted...

BY PASSED MSD BOX

OT,

This was my guess...

We have had 6AL at least a dozen loose different cylinders or even multiple cylinders in the past. Buddy of mine had it happen at SAR on the line about 3 years back. He disconnected it and it ran fine...

Keep us posted...

AFTER WORKING ON OUR OTHER MOTORS YESTERDAY .I STARTED IT UP . AND IT RAN JUST FINE .. LEFT THE BATTERY CHARGEING ON TRICKLE FOR A FEW HOURS AND THAT MAY HAVE BEEN THE PROBLEM . ITS AN OPTIMUS AND I DONT THINK IT HAS HAD A LONG TRICKLE CHARGE ON IT FOR LORD KNOWS HOW LONG ..I DONT KNOW IF PRICE CHARGED IT .SO ILL KNOW MORE TODAY ..EACH DAY I DO ALITTLE MORE AND IT GETS BETTER ..SOUNDED PURTY GOOD .EXCEPT FOR SOME ROCKER NOISE .. JUST HAVE TO ADJUST THEM SOME ..WHO KNOWS ALL THE IMPUT I GOT FROM EVERY ONE MAY HAVE DONE THE TRICK ..BUT IM NOT PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK .YET ....OR YAH.S LOL ....THANKS KISS ..PRICE NEEDS TO MAKE A BIG CHECK OUT .SO I CAN PAY ALL YOU FELLOWS FOR THINKING SO HARD .BEATING YOUR BRAINS OUT TRYING TO REMIMBER A PROBLEM FROM YEARS BACK ..AND POSSIBLY COMEING UP WITH A SALUTION....NOW I DONT NEED NO JOHNNY COME LATELYS.AFTER I GET THE CHECK ....

Oldtimer, it's good to hear you've made some success. Maybe the battery is like my own internal battery....a little low on juice at times!! Looks like the rain has kept us all from racing. How's the car doing now? How did you engine work go on the other car? I'll try to send you a PM later. As for the check...you know I'm good for nothing!! Maybe a meal or something will work.

Oldtimer, it's good to hear you've made some success. Maybe the battery is like my own internal battery....a little low on juice at times!! Looks like the rain has kept us all from racing. How's the car doing now? How did you engine work go on the other car? I'll try to send you a PM later. As for the check...you know I'm good for nothing!! Maybe a meal or something will work.

.. the 28 motor is almost done.jessie lisa and joshua .add doors and finders and a few other things ,to her car ..i have the 7 cars motor built .and yours ..well it keeps looking at me with sad eye.s .wanting papa ..and still sitting where you left it ..so you see i have been getting it on ..and to think some poeple think i spend all my time on speedzone .lol

OT,

congrats...

I was going to suggest the battery next. We had a fuel infected Bug that did this very thing. We changed cap, rotor, points, plugs, wires and even changed the sensor(theromosat) on the head that gives computer head temp. All in All it turned out to be a bad cell in battery. We had checked battery voltage and it was fine, but under load didn't have enough Amps to keep the injections happy...

Oh and the Alt. was fine... Makes me laugh looking back cause most cars once vehicle starts run off battery. This one started just for a sec or two then died. So I'm guessing Alt. never took over... This one was one of the few years that had an Alt. not a Gen.

Mark

if you have a bad cell then the alt .can shut down ..see it all the time ..yep id say it was the battery .. ran it agan alittle while ago .and it ran fine untill i cranked up the R.s .and it started to miss just alittle compared to the other day ..have not charged for two days ..and i have not taken the battery out yet ..in fact im going to let the owner do that ..isnt easy to get to ..so price get .er on down here and take it out ..lol ..with some luck and free time .i may have the 28 or 7 running this week ..

Archived