TSRS Late Models AND Allison Legacys at CCS

TO ALL TSRS LATE MODEL AND ALLISON LEGACY DRIVERS AND TEAMS:

First of all, we’re pleased to announce that the TSRS Allison Legacys will be joining the TSRS Late Models at Corpus Christi Speedway for the April 18 race. We hope you are all excited about this opportunity to race at the 1/4-mile, high-banked asphalt “bullring.”

Corpus Christi Speedway is located at 241 Flato Road in Corpus Christi, TX. It’s very simple to locate. Just take IH-37 South towards Corpus Christi, take a right (south) on Highway 358 (Padre Island Drive), a left on Agnes Street and a right on Flato Road. The first attachment is a map to the track. Here’s a link to the CCS website: http://www.ccspeedway.biz

post-29-1238677614.jpg

Since many of you have never raced at CCS, we’ll be having practice session on Friday, April 17, from 4:00 p.m. until dark. Then, on Saturday, April 18, we’ll have practice, qualifying and a 75-lap race for the TSRS Late Models and a 50-lap race for the TSRS Allison Legacys.

We’ve negotiated a discount rate for hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn – looks really nice! It’s located at 5549 Leopard Street, less than five minutes from the track. You must mention the TSRS Special Rate when making your reservations to get the $79 (plus tax) room rate. Click on the following PDF file for more information: TSRSHolidayInnCorpus.pdf

Also, Thunderhill Raceway is a Choice Hotel member. Quality Inn & Suites is located at 1901 North Padre Island Drive, and it’s also less than five minutes from the track. To qualify for the THR Choice Business Rate, you must use Member ID 00711307 when making reservations. Rooms are available in the $75-$80 price range. Click on the following PDF file for more infomation: TSRSQualityInnCCS.pdf

Both hotels said they have adequate room for “big rig” parking.

Shown below are Race Entry forms for both the TSRS Late Models and Allison Legacys. You may mail your entry form prior the race or bring a copy of the completed form and your entry fee with you. As you may already know, the qualifying order is determined by the date of receipt, with the earliest entries qualifying last.

TSRS Late Model Entry Form: TSRS2009RaceEntryForm.pdf

TSRS Allison Legacy Entry Form: TSRS2009ALRaceEntryForm.pdf

Speaking of qualifying, CCS has just completed the installation of their electronic scoring system, so we’ll be able to use the AMB transponders you currently have for all of your practice sessions, qualifying and races.

Please make sure you’ve already registered to race with TSRS this year. If you haven’t already registered, please contact me for a 2009 registration form.

We hope you choose to join us for this exciting (and historical) weekend of racing at Corpus Christi Speedway. Please contact me at debbie@thunderhillraceway.com if you have any questions or need additional information.

I just wanted to let y’all know that Robin from the CCS staff called to let me know that there’s not enough room for big rigs at the Quality Inn. If you’re planning to park a big rig, you may want to cancel your reservation at Quality Inn and switch over to the Holiday Inn.

I’m sorry for the confusion, but the man I spoke with earlier had assured me there was enough room. I didn’t have any way to check it out myself, and I appreciate the CSS staff letting me know differently.

TSRS Allison Legacy CCS Race is for points!

TSRS Allison Legacy Race Teams,

We are going to include the TSRS Allison Legacys race at Corpus Christi Speedway on April 18 as a points’ race, especially since we had been showing it on the schedule for quite a while as a tentative race. We also have a statement in our TSRS rules that allows you to drop your lowest point race, including a “no show, no points” race or a bad finish.

We hope you’ll take the opportunity to race with us at CCS. It has been quite a while since any series has raced at that track, and we want to show the fans a good car count with both the TSRS Late Models and Allison Legacys.

Let us know if you have any other questions, please.

Archived