Economic times affect the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS) Late Models

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Debbie Williams, 210-685-0400 (cell), debbie@thunderhillraceway.com

Thunderhill Raceway Media & Public Relations Director

Economic times affect the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS) Late Models

KYLE, TX (December 3, 2009) – The unfortunate economic conditions throughout the country have come to affect the very popular, and only remaining, late model stock car touring series in Texas – the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS).

Founded in 2003, the TSRS Late Models have been a fan favorite and have raced as a touring series over Texas including Thunderhill Raceway (Kyle), Corpus Christi Speedway, San Antonio Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway (Fort Worth), Houston Motorsports Park and Red River Speedway (Wichita Falls). To fulfill a dream of TSRS founder, Mary Ann Naumann, the TSRS Late Models have also raced at Texas World Speedway (College Station).

A decision has been made to discontinue taking this series on the road during the 2010 racing season because of the tough economic conditions that have taken their toll on many race tracks all over the country, including Thunderhill Raceway (THR), which is the home track for TSRS. The always-exciting group of drivers and teams, however, will be featured as the premier class at each of the scheduled events next season at Thunderhill Raceway. By featuring these exciting late model cars, THR is taking steps to provide a solid racing foundation for the racers and fans of Central Texas.

“As many of you know, MAN Racing Promotions LLC owns and operates both Thunderhill Raceway and TSRS,” said Mary Ann Naumann, owner and promoter for THR and TSRS. “We’ve just overcome some major hurdles with keeping the track open, and we’ve realized that we need to put our entire focus on Thunderhill Raceway going forward. By having TSRS Late Models at THR at each race this season, we can continue to move forward and provide the race fans with exciting racing action and save our TSRS teams some expenses. We’ll certainly re-evaluate the economic conditions at the end of the 2010 season and see where we go from there.”

The schedule for 2010 for THR and TSRS has been in progress for several weeks, and the tentative schedule will be released in the next few days. The schedule will include approximately 12 fun-filled racing events with many racing classes represented at each event.

“We’re forced to look at all aspects of the racing from a financial standpoint,” commented Naumann. “It's tough to make a decision like this from a business perspective. TSRS has always been dear to my heart and it's difficult to take the emotions out of it. I know we need to think of ways to bring stability to the track, while saving money for the drivers at the same time. Most of all, we want to make sure we continue to provide a top-quality show for our fans.”

Except for not traveling to other tracks next year, the operating procedures for the TSRS Late Models will remain basically the same. The addition of a new sponsor is also being pursued.

“We’re excited that we’ve been having discussions with a major sponsor for the series that would increase the prize money available to the drivers, if the sponsor is signed,” added Naumann. “All and all, I’m very excited about the potential opportunities for TSRS in 2010. I think these changes are a win/win for all involved."

Thunderhill Raceway is a 3/8-mile, D-shaped asphalt oval track that’s located at 24801 IH-35, on the access road just north of San Marcos (TX) near Yarrington Road (Exit #210). Information on Thunderhill Raceway may be found on the track website at www.thunderhillraceway.com or TSRS at www.manracingpromotions.com.

"The schedule for 2010 for THR and TSRS has been in progress for several weeks, and the tentative schedule will be released in the next few days. The schedule will include approximately 12 fun-filled racing events with many racing classes represented at each event."

I thought the ASA Sanction required 14 races min, will there be Double Race nights?

i don't think they're worried about the ASA thing....it's more important to do what is economically best for THR.

i think this is a great decision. it might have a trickle down effect for the other classes car counts as well.

nobody wants or could efford to race red river. only a handful wanted to race CCS (love the track but can understand why with these soft cars), and HMP has their own thing going......now THR has their's.

Archived