hot rod hill motorpark

july 9th, 2009, the 10th distric of appeals court, thru out 4 accounts against wayne brown in his fight to save the future of our sport. hot rod hill was closed in 2005 because of noise disturbance filed by a neighbor that lived about a mile or so from the track. the neighbor had bought his home in 2004, the track was built in 2000 and open it's first season in 2002. the track was built in a industrial area by the airport, livestock auction, and heavy equipment businesses, this neighbor bought property to build a subdivision for homes noing that a race track was near by.

i was the manager and imca promoter at the track for wayne when the track was closed, we fought hard with the local constable's department with them writing ticket's for noise. we had all cars run mufflers and before anyone could race, we did dismal testing on each car at a limit of 95 at 100', if they did not pass, they could not run, this was not enough for the local politic's, so a local county judge shut us down through a court order.

this may be what a lot of other tracks have to deal with in our future, wayne fought this battle hard for 4 years, all other tracks should thank wayne for his hard work. some of you may face this same problem in the future with all the new subdivisions being built, they will try anything to take our sport away, we all need to stand up for what is right. i plan to meet with all track owners in our area, to form a group of track owners, that can help each other in this same situation. more details will be availible about this subject and on the new opening of hot rod hill motorpark.

if anyone has a question or input to this subject, please contact: del harris at 281-808-5475 or email : pro2000racing@yahoo.com the web address for hrhmp is www.hotrodhillmotorpark.com, this site will have any new info. as it becomes availible, thanks, del harris

yes nick, i will be helping to reorganize and setup for the track, i will probably do the rules and regulations, plus the promotions, don't know just yet what were doing as this just was handed down by the courts yesterday. i will keep you up to date on what happening, thanks, del

yes nick, i will be helping to reorganize and setup for the track, i will probably do the rules and regulations, plus the promotions, don't know just yet what were doing as this just was handed down by the courts yesterday. i will keep you up to date on what happening, thanks, del

Let me know if you want a Hot Rod Hill forum added.

Nick

thanks nick, i'll be in touch, call me when you get a chance!!!

I never had the privilege to visit or race at the track, but followed this topic very closely at the time, as it worried me for our sports future. I hadn't realized it was already four years. I really salute and admire Wayne for his perseverance on this matter. And, didn't realize there was still hope and the legal process was still going on.

It is very impressive that Wayne continued the fight as the towel could have just been thrown in. But, it sure looks like he stood up, and fought for what he felt was the right thing to do and it has paid off.

Is there any type of possible appeals process that may be involved which could delay the re-opening?

Whenever the re-opening occurs hopefully there will be a big to-do with local business involvement so folks understand how much money a track can bring into a community. I know in Edna, the little town sure sees an economic boost with each race event. Local business owners and citizens need to realize how much positive economic impact a track can have.

We will follow this topic and watch for the re-opening. Our family will make a point to support this re-opening and make every attempt to attend such event. If our cars that fit the rules, we'll bring them. If not, we'll come out just to support. In my mind, this is really history making and pretty unprecedented from the fate most tracks experience!

Congrats, and good luck. - Monty Chamberlain

i will probably do the rules and regulations

This is either good or bad...hmmmmm I'll let you know soon. :blink:

lol...that's funny wolfie...

Brenda

Just messing with Del....Don';t want him thinking we forgot about him...lol

Posted by: Easy Pickens Location: Houston on Jul 9, 2009 at 11:55 PM

I raced this track for 3 years. In 2005 Hot Rod Hill was where I won my first Championship in Pure Stock Class.It was closed down and was a sad situation.Been asphalt racing in Houston 4 years now. And I've got to tell everyone Hot Rod Hill was one awesome track to race on. So congratulations to Mr. Wayne Brown it's been a long time coming.Hot Rod Hill is the only dirt track I said I'd ever go back to and it looks like it may be coming to past.So look out guys the Easy may be back on dirt again. My best to you Mr. Brown

:):)

I notice the HRH web site and forum are still up!

Congrats to Wayne and all racers in the area, I've never been to HRH; they were closed the entire time I had a son at TAM. but it's stiil good to see a track owner overcome supression. WOW, way to go. hope to here more on your opening and hope to support that effort. Good luck.

Archived