Chad Heath earns second top-10 at Southern Oklahoma Speedway

For immediate release:
Chad Heath Racing PR
Tel: 207.689.6630

Heath comes from last to 10th at Southern Oklahoma Speedway
Maine native battles adversity to salvage second trip to SOS

ARDMORE, Oklahoma (March 22, 2021) — In short track auto racing, whether at the hobby or professional level, the true measure of a driver is how well he faces adversity. On an off night, it's easy to just coast around and let the chips fall where they may. 

Yet for Maine native and Texas-based driver Chad Heath, an ill-handling race car just means it will be a little tougher to earn a decent finish. Heath, of Lamesa, made the most of his second visit to Southern Oklahoma Speedway on Saturday, earning a solid 10th-place finish after starting at the back. 

“I had the car turning almost too well in Hot Laps,” Heath explained. “The track turned dry-slick faster than I expected. I made a few changes for the feature, and it really brought it around. It felt good to pass some of those guys, and it's a great learning experience every time I go up to that track.” 

Heath is diving into his sophomore season in the ultra-competitive world of IMCA Southern Sport Mod racing with passion. In just just three starts, he's recorded two top-10 (at SOS) and one top-five finish (at Cotton Bowl Speedway). It's been an impressive start for the former iRacing addict. 

“It's early yet, with a lot of racing ahead of us this spring and summer,” Heath added. “It does feel good to be off to a strong start, a pair of top-10s and that top-five last Saturday at Cotton Bowl was a big boost to my confidence. I have lots to learn, but I'm absorbing knowledge every time I compete. 

“The competition at Southern Oklahoma Speedway is about as tough as it gets. I love a good challenge, so I drive up there to race, to learn, and to improve my program. I'm gaining with each trip.” 

Chad Heath Racing would like to thank Black Spot Design Lab in Lubbock, Texas; Rachel Plant “The Picture Taker” and Whipple Motorsports Media for their support in 2021. For quality graphics, signs, banners and high-end apparel, let the Black Spot Design Lab be your first choice. 

For more information, go to www.blackspotdesignlab.com

“I also need to take a minute to thank all the great folks back in my hometown of Phillips, Maine, for supporting my racing efforts down here. It means a ton to have them follow along and be so kind. I'm really enjoying this sport, and I come from a place where auto racing is a way of life.” 

Follow this race team throughout the season at www.facebook.com/chadheath09k. 

Chad at Southern Oklahoma Speedway - Mar. 20.jpg