Texas Dirt Truck Series to join Ultimate SLM at Cotton Bowl

For immediate release: 
TDTS Public Relations
Twitter: @PhilWhipple

Officials announce $1,000-to-win race at Cotton Bowl for Texas Dirt Truck Series

Companion race with Ultimate Super Late Model series set for June 22

PLEASANTON, Texas (Jan. 14, 2019) — Officials of the new Texas Dirt Truck Series (TDTS) have announced a special addition to their inaugural event schedule. 

On Saturday, June 22, the series will run a $1,000-to-win, $200-to-start feature at the famed Cotton Bowl Speedway as part of the Ultimate Super Late Model series weekend. The popular dirt track tour will also be in action on Friday, June 21, kicking off a two-night spectacle of great racing.

Officials from both touring series feel the newly-created TDTS is an ideal companion division and expect plenty of action at Cotton Bowl. The Ultimate SLM tour will run a 14-race schedule for the Deep South region in 2019, while the TDTS was hoping to add Cotton Bowl to it's schedule. 

“We're pretty excited to have this opportunity to race at Cotton Bowl alongside the Deep South SLM teams,” TDTS co-owner George Jones said. “Ultimate series officials reached out to us, praised what we're doing and invited us to come down. I believe we'll give their fans an exciting show.”

The Ultimate Super Late Model tour covers much of the country, with its Deep South region joining the Mid-Ohio Valley, Northeast and Heart of America divisions. Super Late Model racing on dirt is popular across much of the nation, and the USLM delivers quality entertainment at every track.

“Having the Texas Dirt Truck Series as part of our show at Cotton Bowl is an excellent fit,” Deep South region series director Charles Evans said. “That gives us four classes to run, offering a body style for all types of race fans. They love trucks in Texas, so we're excited to bring them on board.” 

The Texas Dirt Truck Series was launched in October of 2018 and will make its on-track debut at I-37 Speedway in Pleasanton, Texas, on March 23. The series was created on the concept of offering an affordable yet highly-competitive and entertaining product based on America's love for trucks. 

In early January, the series announced five confirmed race dates at I-37 this year thanks to a belief by track owners Ray Doyon and Michael Keylich that the TDTS will succeed. Other tracks and  promoters are also expressing an interest, putting a big smile on the faces of series officials. 

“I'm thrilled with our chance to race at Cotton Bowl alongside a well-proven series like the Ultimate Super Late Models,” series co-owner Mike Fortier said. “Their two-night show will be very exciting, and we're honored they wanted us there. I hope this leads to more companion shows for us.”

Based in Carnesville, Georgia, the Ultimate Super Late Model series is the southeast's premier touring division. Chris Ferguson won the inaugural USLM championship in 2011, while Zack Mitchell won the 2018 points title. Casey Roberts leads the all-time win list with 20 USLM feature victories. 

For more information on the Texas Dirt Truck Series, go to www.texasdirttrucks.com. To learn more about the Ultimate Super Late Model tour, visit them online at www.ultimatesupers.com.  

New Official TDTS Logo.jpg

Cotton Bowl Speedway Logo.jpg

Ultimate SLM Series Logo.png

Archived