TPS REORGANIZES OFFICIALS

TPS REORGANIZES OFFICIALS

The 2016 TPS Technical Committee for the Texas Pro Sedans:

Neil Upchurch -- Texas Pro Sedans Administrative & Publications Director

Alan Trollinger - Texas Pro Sedans Chief Inspector

David Mackey -- Texas Pro Sedans Race Steward at CTS

Russ Martin ----- Texas Pro Sedans Race Steward at CCS

David Mackey of Austin has stepped down as TPS Race Director effective after the 2015 racing season was completed and the annual TPS Awards Dinner adjourned on December 13, 2015. His stated reason is due to family obligations. Mackey will continue to serve the Texas Pro Sedans in the newly established position of TPS Race Steward at CTS races during the 2016 season.

The TPS Chief Inspector is Alan Trollinger of New Braunfels, Texas. Alan comes to TPS with lengthy experience as a race official in sports car racing and as a mechanic in various racing. During the winter months he has become knowledgeable about TPS cars and rules.

Texas Pro Sedans Series Publications Office Director Neil Upchurch has agreed to add to his duties and again serve with the sole responsibility of all office operations as TPS Administrative & Publications Director. In making the announcement Upchurch said, “I will continue to work from my home office, but I’ll not be available to attend races. I will give counsel and my more than 40 years TPS Founder’s experience to the new TPS Chief Inspector Alan Trollinger and have appropriate communication with TPS Race Steward at CTS David Mackey and TPS Race Steward at CCS Russ Martin”.

Russ Martin of Corpus Christi will be the TPS Race Steward at CCS. Russ has lengthy racing experience in a number of racing, management and officiating positions. He is a former Track Manager and Marketing/Promotion Director at CC Speedway and served as the CCS Track PA Announcer for 15 years. He also has worked in various positions with the TIDA Late Model and Pro Sedan Series and at Texas World Speedway and all tracks on the TIDA-LM and TPS southwest circuit.

OTHETR TPS OFFICIALS INCLUDE:

Charysse Knotts developed and maintains the TPS website www.texasprosedans.com from her office in Frankfurt, Germany. She will continue to post all material sent to her by the TPS Administrative & Publications Office Director. She has encouraged TPS members by saying, “All Texas Pro Sedans drivers, officials, sponsors and supporters should log on frequently to keep up-to-date on vital TPS information”.

Bill Jordan of San Antonio will continue to serve as the TPS Weight Inspector at various races. Bill has worked in the TIDA Late Model and Texas Pro Sedan Series and their circuits for many seasons. He also worked as Weight Inspector at the Texas Race of Champions races at Texas World Speedway.

The Texas Pro Sedans 4-cylinder stock car series is the oldest asphalt touring series in Texas and initiates their 41st consecutive year during the 2016 racing season. A News Release concerning the partial 2016 racing schedule is posted on the TPS Forum www.texasprosedans.com and on www.lonestarspeedzone.com

Archived