2016 Street Stocks

Wayne Walker

It's official now, this was posted last night, on CBS's facebook page. We are discussing a grace period for our current teams to make the required changes. Feel free to contact myself at 512-954-7415, or Jimmy at rules@cottonbowlspeedway.com
12065728_906203956137205_861416843604955

COTTON BOWL SPEEDWAY JOINS THE NeSMITH WEEKLY RACING SERIES FOR 2016 - As the curtain comes down on the 2015 NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series for Late Models and the NeSmith Performance Parts Street Stock Division seasons, NeSmith Racing officials are already working towards the future. NeSmith Racing has announced that Cotton Bowl Speedway in Paige, TX will be a part of both Divisions in 2016. The signing of Cotton Bowl Speedway also continues the Westward Expansion of the both the NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series and the NeSmith Performance Street Stock Division, as the track is located between Austin, TX and Houston, TX. Next season, Cotton Bowl Speedway drivers in both Divisions will compete for both a track point fund and a National point fund. For additional information, please click the following link:http://www.nesmithracing.com/cotton-bowl-speedway-joins-th…/

IMCA will be back for 2016 with the Modifieds, I-Stocks, Southern Sport Mods, and Hobbies.

I think this is a great move. I hope that Shady Oaks follows suit.

I worked in Mississippi and Alabama and saw the Nesmith Street Stocks run several times. By far, this is the best Street Stock racing I have ever seen.

They have a very comprehensive set of rules and you now have a car you can take to the bigger Nesmith shows if you choose to.

It will take some time to get the class established but it will be a very positive move for the racers long term.

Archived