Dustin Beck wins 1st DIRTcar Modified Nationals victory at Tri-State

NickHolt

Beck Rides to Tri-State Win for First DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals Victory

HAUBSTADT, Ind. - July 5, 2015 - Dustin Beck outlasted a 41-car field on Sunday night at Tri-State Speedway for his first DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals victory.

Beck, of Petersburg, Ind., hit his marks in every corner and survived three restarts on the quarter-mile dirt oval to hold off Stephen Schnapf and Zach Fair in the 25-lap feature, collecting $1,000 for his victory.

Mike Harrison, the three-time series champion and current points leader, surged from ninth to fourth with Josh Harris rounding out the top five.

"Our car was going away from me a little bit, I had to adjust my entry and I was hoping I wouldn't have a déjà vu of what happened the last time I was leading on the last lap," Beck said. "I'm glad we could pull it through, we've had a fast car all year long but it's the first victory for the season."

Click here to watch highlights from Sunday night's race.

The DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals tour rolls into Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Ind., on Sunday and then heads Monday to Lincoln (Ill.) Speedway, which was rained out on June 28.

Follow the Summer Nationals and DIRTcar Summit Modified Nationals on Twitter @SummerNationals or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SummerNationals, or visit the series' websites at www.TheHellTour.com and www.ModifiedNationals.com.

DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals Statistical Report; Tri-State Speedway; Haubstadt, Ind.; July 5, 2015

A-MAIN (25 LAPS) - 1. (75) Dustin Beck, Petersburg, IN ($1,000); 2. (77S) Stephen Schnapf, Newburgh, IN; 3. (1BUD) Zach Fair, Petersburg, IN; 4. (24H) Mike Harrison, Highland, IL; 5. (16C) Josh Harris, Utica, KY; 6. (10) Matt Lane, Fort Branch, IN; 7. (7) Mark Lamont, Crossville, IL; 8. (62K) Joel Jenson, Henderson, KY; 9. (14C) Shawn Cates, Newburgh, IN; 10. (41) Lance Foreman, Evansville, IN; 11. (84) Tyler Deibert, Highland, IL; 12. (6B) Dave Baldwin, Perrysville, IN; 13. (60) John Wolfarth, Boonville, IN; 14. (57) Matt Hines, Mt Vernon, IN; 15. (25) Tyler Nicely, Owensboro, KY; 16. (18M) Brandon McDowell, Booneville, IN; 17. (9*) Jordan Bauer, St Jacob, IL; 18. (10Y) Trent Young, Hopkinsville, IL; 19. (77) Ray Bollinger, Kewanee, IL; 20. (20) Rodney Sanders, Happy, TX; 21. (71X) Dave Beck, Petersburg, IN; 22. (70) Brian Bielong, Summerfield, IL.

HEAT RACE WINNERS: Dustin Beck, Trent Young, Stephen Schnapf and Mark Lamont.

DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals Championship Top 20

post-3-0-38318200-1436206914_thumb.jpg

Archived