Changing of the guard.

I would like to take the time to thank all of the fans that have supported the STLMS over the last couple of years. I have made many friends and will cherish that for the rest of my life.

With that being said, I am saddened to say I am stepping away from the sport completely. I will be returning the drivers' entry fees and sponsors' money that have been applied to this year's points fund. There will be no out standing debts other than the debt of gratitude I owe all that has helped this series.

Kody Hardage will take over the reins to the series for the remainder of the year and will be having a meeting with the drivers at Shady Oaks Speedway this Saturday to discuss the direction he will lead the series. Please give him all of your support as he will need it to grow the series into what it deserves to be. Good luck Kody I will always be a phone call away.

Thanks again for all the support that I have had .

You leave some aweful big shoes to fill, Mitch.

I think I speak for a lot of the drivers when I say, thank you for what you have done to bring late model racing back to this part of the country.

I will be having a meeting for all the Late Model guys at Shady Oaks Speedway this Saturday after the drivers' meeting.

I think the only logical plan at this point is to finish out the season, as scheduled, and make a plan for next season.

Feel free to call or text me at (210) 827-0229 if you have any questions or concerns. If I don't answer, leave a message.

You stepped up when no one else would, Mitch.

While it all looks all too easy from the outside, it's not. I'm sure you've kissed a bunch of your own money good-bye, logged in a ton of hours you really could have used for your own benefit and found yourself in no-win situations on many occasions.

I appreciate and applaud what you've done for the Texas stock car racing community.

Nick

Mitch, the Stacy family would like to thank you for supporting SOS and working so hard to bring Late Models back to life. We will miss your big smile and those pats on the back for things we have done right. We have faith that we will look up one day and you will be back, if only to watch and cheer on your race buddies. We will continue to work to assure Late Models have a place to race and know Kody will do a good job of promoting the class. Catch a big fish for us and we look forward to the boat sinking so you will come back!!!

Archived