Please notate a rule clarification for coil spring cars

All coil spring rear suspensions. All attachment points on the frame side for trailing arms must be in the stock position. If your running a 4 link that includes lower and upper trailing arm mounts on the frame. If you are running a 3 link then only the lowers have to be in stock position on the frame. We are not concerned how the arms are attached on the rear end. You can use stock brackets, aftermarket brackets or home made brackets. You can have one hole or multihole brackets. We will be updating the existing rules so we have no gray area to deal with.

I have a question about rocker arms. I was told that we can only used stamped steel roller tip rockers. It just says roller tip rockers in the rules and not stamped steel. I was just wondering because I have been running the prw rockers like these and Tony said Mickey told him we can't run those.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Small-Block-Chevy-Sportsman-Steel-Roller-Tip-Rocker-Arms-151-7-16-Stud,32740.html

As the way the rules read for that engine package you can not run a roller rocker but you can run a roller tip rocker arm. It does not specify what roller tip rocker arm so we will allow the Comp Cam Magnum Roller Tip rocker arm and the PRW. Obviously no performance advantage is to be had but these are better built to help keep from breaking.

Archived