Stock engine location

dancer52

Me and a friend were having a discussion about what exactly is stock location for a metric car. I believe if you have to notch the frame to make a fuel pump fit...its not stock. I measured a car in the junk yard and the number 1 plug was 4 inches in front of the center of the upper balljoint.

I am also curious about height, if you raise a motor up its not in stock location...so...how would you measure that?

SO...my friend said stock was number 1 plug 1 inch ahead of the ball joint... and you have to notch the frame if you run a big fuel pump.

the stock car i measured the fuel pump was about an inch ahead of the frame.....

so...what is stock location?

I usually put solid stock replacement mounts in the holes furthest forward on the frame and a stock driveshaft fits.so to me that is stock.but there was some models with stock mounts way back on frame but had a oddball engine so if put in this location Alot of notching would have to be done.not stock to me either

Me and a friend were having a discussion about what exactly is stock location for a metric car. I believe if you have to notch the frame to make a fuel pump fit...its not stock. I measured a car in the junk yard and the number 1 plug was 4 inches in front of the center of the upper balljoint.

I am also curious about height, if you raise a motor up its not in stock location...so...how would you measure that?

SO...my friend said stock was number 1 plug 1 inch ahead of the ball joint... and you have to notch the frame if you run a big fuel pump.

the stock car i measured the fuel pump was about an inch ahead of the frame.....

so...what is stock location?

AJ are you talking about CBS?? Are they running two types of Street Stock classes?

Archived