Race #3 thoughts and thanks

Last night if the race itself wasnt the best of all the shootouts over the last 3 1/2 years then its diffentely up there as one of them. As drivers we are limited to only whats going on around you but it was very clear emmidiately after the race the fans and crews were given a pretty special show! Lots of story lines, lots of cars, and lots of action from last nights teams. Personally I want to tell everyone how impressed I was with Cotton Bowl Speedway. Had a great meeting earlier in the day going over the previous shootout race. It was apparent they had made several changes and were moving forward quickly. The main event was nothing but professional and the show ran smooth. A couple of caution delays but those were a result of a couple drivers being told to move to a position but obviously they didnt have a raceceiver or one that was working. Lots of people and sponsors to thank.

The shootout crew of Jeff Zavesky, Mickey Helms, Jamie Brabson, Amber Hilton, Tall Steve our Director of Competition, Robbie Opiela, and Ashley Schul. Thankyou so much for your efforts last night.

Last nights sponsors Swenson Racing Components Gary and Chris Swenson, Greg with Spreen Racing Engines, Gary with SABI, Shawn with Kline Racing, and Chuck with ACME Trucking Barber Terminal. Thankyou each and every one of you for last nights support.

I was approached last night by many people after the races but a couple of individuals made a big impression with their comments. One comes to mind and I want to share it with everyone. This particular man has seen alot of racing primarily in the Houston area and has announced at them as well. Cotton Bowl Speedways announcer Jonathan Sandford caught up to me in Tech and we had a very good conversation. One of his comments was he felt we had the best thing in Texas going, the racing action was simply incredible. I wish I had more time to have chatted with him and I thank him on behalf of everyone in the shootout for his commments along with the many many people that came by with hand shakes and hugs. We are back in action in two weeks at Texana Raceway Park.

Stephan,

I want to say it is an honor to be a part of this series and be able to race in it also. I had fun running you for second in the heat. I wished someone got a photo of that finish. Hope to race clean and have more fun at TRP.

SHAWN KLINE

Me as well Shawn, I knew you had a grin from ear to ear after that finish!

Archived