Live updates from Central Texas Speedway's Season Opener

NickHolt

Lone Star Speedzone will be bringing you Live Updates from the recently refurbished Central Texas Speedway’s Season Opener - the “Budweiser 250″ - this weekend. We plan on blogging live on both Friday and Saturday and I will be firing up the blogging software around 5:00 pm both days.

Things are really looking good at the facility which has had some major improvements. You really should come on out to the track to see for yourself, but if you can’t make it out, be sure to join me for all the racing action.

The Friday night racing program will feature the Sport Mods with a 25-lap main event and the Street Stocks with a 30-lapper. Both the Sport Mods and the Street Stocks will be qualifying. Rounding out the program which is scheduled to be competed by 9 pm, are a 20-lap Mini Stock feature and a 20-lap Grand Stock feature.

On Saturday the Trucks, Modifieds and Late Models will be featured. Also on the program will be the Bandoleros, NasKarts, Dwarfs and Texas Pro Sedans. The Saturday racing schedule looks like this:

4:00 pm - Qualifying for the Trucks, Modifieds and Late Models

5:00 pm - Bandolero (10 laps), NasKarts (27 laps), Dwarfs (25 laps)

5:55 pm - Opening Ceremonies

6:00 pm - Texas Pro Sedan feature (30 laps)

6:35 pm - Truck feature (40 laps)

7:00 pm - Modified feature (50 laps)

8:00 pm - Late Model feature (75 laps)

9:00 pm - we are done

To join in the Friday live updates, click here.

To join in the Saturday live updates, click here.

Nick

Looks like great weather for tonight's CTS season opener. Bring a light jacket for the concert after the races.

I'll be heading north on I-35 in an hour or two.

Nick

Am at the track and have fired up the Live Updates. Join in whenever you're ready. The link is at the top. Be sure to click on the Friday link, not the Saturday link.

Nick

Anyone else having trouble logging onto the live updates..When I click on the icon...does not show a screen.just stays black..have tried several attempts from several different locations!!!

OH no.... I am truly upset now... THey were supposed to have fixed any and all problems with the software... Sorry about that, 576.

Nick

OK. I have figured it out with a little help from the folks at CoverItLive. Apparently 17 people tried to log into the Saturday session instead of the Friday session. That's why the black screen. Perhaps you were one of the 17 who tried to get on a day early!

We had almost 500 people log into the updates tonight so I guess the majority were able to get in just fine.

Nick

Tonight we will be live and interactive at Central Texas Speedway for the second half of their season-opener featuring the Late Models, the Modifieds and the Trucks. Should be a great show.

Also on the program are the Texas Pro Sedans, the Dwarf Cars, the Bandoleros and the NasKarts.

I will be firing up the updates a bit earlier than originally announced to catch the preliminary races that start at 5 pm.

Click here to join in the updates.

Nick

Archived