All tracks confirmed for 2013

We are happy to announce the promoters and owners of

Texana Raceway Park

I37 Raceway - Closed 02/04/13

Shady Oaks Speedway

Cotton Bowl Speedway

South Texas Speedway

have all confirmed the return of the South Texas Street Stock Shootout Series for 2013.

We will be working on the scheduling with them over the holiday season so you can put your vacations

in on off weeks :rolleyes:

Hey Bobby, I definetely dont know everything but I do know this from previous series I have ran. One of the goals is to make each individual race as big as possible. For the series to continue to succeed the current supporting tracks must make money or whats the point. So far we have had good events and the tracks have made money of our nights. Practice on the previous night helps that some. We have been aproached from Houston tracks along with asphalt tracks. We have 5 supporting tracks currently. We are very lucky in regards all 5 tracks do work hand in hand to accomidate us in any way. On previous series I ran we had several more tracks and races per season. It was hard to keep all the tracks and promoters happy. Thus an unhappy promoter regardless of car count and show didnt have us return the following year. So the 5 we have will be our first priority. Another thing that works currently is we are not stealing a show away from any one track. Most of our races have accured on off weekends thus limiting the competition to help keep car counts at local tracks. Cotton Bowl will be racing every week unlike the other 4 but they are willing to let their street stocks off on those weekends. South Texas Speedway has worked with us in the past letting off the class to help our show and local point chasing drivers. We want to keep the series exciting, growing and trying to include as many drivers as possible. None of that is easy. So we want to create a series and schedule that everyone can plan for and try to be apart of. Most drivers I think on occasion will travel up to around 2 1/2 hours from home. Once you start going further you will start losing support. This we want to avoid, we need everyone with this region to support. I have talked to some hoping they could get a regional series started in the houston area. So far no luck. So to answer your question we are not looking to expand past the 5 tracks unless we lose one. However we are doing everything possible to make each show bigger and better. We hope our ideas for 2013 accomplish that. Thanks for asking and hope you support us again Bobby you and your wife.

That's smart thinking right there, Stephan. I'm sure your existing track owners/promoters appreciate your consideration of their needs rather than trying to grow the series into the next NASCAR Cup series.

Nick

The top two things I have seen kill a series like this. First they start getting too many races too far spread out. Drivers cannot afford to go to all of the races so they have to make a choice of supporting the local track or the series. Second is the purse gets better because of the good car counts. The money is added to the top of the field so people with large racing budgets start building special cars just to run the series races. Cars supporting the series quit running with it because they feel like (perception is reality) they are at a disadvantage. You obviously have number one covered already so GREAT thinking by the series!

Archived