weather

Looks like we dodged a big bullet but the rain probably did this Sat in.

I think its the financial deal thats affecting car counts.My suggestion is rather than park a team,they would have more fun to throw together a Thunder car.They are inexpensive and easy to get race ready.A modern car does not need much more than gutting,add a cage and go race.With the stock engine rules we have even a smaller car like a Civic or Protege can be competetive because of no weight rule.My sister in law won several championships with a box stock Maxda GLC that had a 1.5 ltr engine that made 60 hp.

Even for a modified driver,driving a Thunder car can keep him active and sharp.Its better than just quitting and helps the track pay the bills.I learned years ago a noisier car with a big engine does not necessarly make more fun.Especially if we are talking about a mod team that is not always a front running car.It pays more to win a Thjunder race than 10th place in a mod car.

I think everybody should have one anyway.Anybody can afford a Thunder.

A 200$ car,seat,belts,net,fire bottle from the parked mod and a little welding of tubing and your back racing again.With the knowlege of a mod you might even become a front runner. :lol:

Cheaper sounds good... but for most of us who have driven a modified driving a 4 banger stock car seems too much like a sunday cruise out in the country. Regardless of if I run up front or last place in mods, I have more fun in that class.

On the note of financial issues causing the car count to drop, going down in class is a good option, problem is, from watching all the race ads, people are selling out completely.. even the people who have quite a bit more money that most of us... have to wait and see what happens.

on your thunder cars you mentioned a civic and a protege are you guy's running front wheel drive cars in this class as well as rear wheel drive. just wondering we have a probe we run in a front runners class. also have a purestock that we might want to run a few times thier.

thanks

Rick

RGS Thunders are both FWD and RWD.The Frontrunners are definately a good choice being they are all stock.Your Probe is a good choice if it is a 4 cyl.6 cyls are not legal.Transponders are required,the same ones used at CC and Thunderhill.

We have to wait till Sept to resume but will go to Dec.In the meantime,CC is running Frontrunners too.

Archived