Sprint car driver Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett killed

TexPete

http://www.ascsracing.com/

I always feel like I've lost a brother when a fellow racer dies. It's even worse to know that it happened off-track.

Jesse Hockett (1983 - 2010) - R.I.P.

TULSA, Okla. (May 26, 2010) – The nation lost one of its most daring Sprint Car drivers on Wednesday afternoon, as Jesse Hockett lost his life in an accident in his Warsaw, MO, shop.

The 26-year-old suffered fatal injuries while working on an electrical box in his trailer while prepping for a four-day Memorial Day weekend of racing that was to include Thursday’s USAC event at Terre Haute, weekly action near home at Sedalia on Friday and then the Lucas Oil ASCS Sprint Car Series Steve King Memorial at the Jetmore Motorplex on Saturday and Sunday.

The entire staff and families of the American Sprint Car Series along with the entire racing community extend deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Jesse Hockett at this time.

Details regarding services will be announced as they become available.

hocketths.jpg

image002.jpg

2009-11-07-STN.jpg

th-driver-hockett08.jpg

5/26/2010

Today, Jesse Hockett lost his life due to a tragic electrical accident, while preparing the race trailer for the next five nights of racing.

Jesse was an absolutely amazing racer and he prooved that again this past weekend, winning all three nights, but more importantly Jesse was just plain and simple an awesome person. Would help anyone at anytime no matter who or what it was.

He had a heart of gold and showed it every day. He was a person that just made the world a better place.

Jesse was a great friend to everyone he knew, and a great and loving husband to his wife Tina Marie.

He will be deeply missed by all who knew him and sympathys go out to his wife, family and many of many friends across the world. R.I.P Rocket, we Love You bud and will see you and Daniel again one day.

Archived