Lap times at Test & Tune at THR?

Unfortunately, I was busy with other stuff and didn't get a chance to get lap times and didn't even get a chance to walk the pits to see who was there.

I did see Cary (TSRS #99) and Chase Stapp (THR SS #99), Lloyd Alexander in his #115 Pro Late Model and John Schultz in his #14 Pro Modified turning some laps, but that's it.

Levi Krauss tells me that Clint LaFont had his Super Street out... I missed him but I look for good things from the LaFont team this season. Levi also told me that he only got one lap timed on Cary, a 15.7. Lloyd may have had a 14.58, again, according to Levi. The 01 Toyota driven Tory Christopher was clicking off some pretty impressive laps.. I didn't get to time him so I don't know how accurate this is, but I heard 16.5 from one of the guys.

I heard that the 75 Texas Truck was here as well along with a few TPS cars and Bandoleros. I thought I saw a Bumbera or two, but didn't get a chance to chat.

So... if anyone has lap times please post them here.

Thanks.

Nick

We did set up the electronic scoring sytem yesterday, and it was on "auto-pilot" for most of the day (yet another advantage of electronic scoring). Since we were working on the preparations for the banquet, we really didn't monitor the sytem during the day. After the practice session, we uploaded lap times to my laps. Here's a link:

MyLaps

We had picked up lap times on two cars with transponders - Cary Stapp's #99 TSRS and the #14 Pro Late Model (driven by John Schultz, I think?). We also picked up a signal on another car, but it didn't track lap times. I'm not sure what happened since I wasn't monitoring the system at the time. Cary's fastest lap was a 15.706 and the #14 Pro Modified turned in a 15.450.

Regarding the RRS results - it depends. What class or series are you looking for? The TSRS times and results are also on My Laps. However, other classes that may have used the RRS rented transponders may not have the times posted. I may be wrong, but I understand their scoring sytem does not have an application similar to My Laps. When TSRS races at RRS, we connect our decoder box into their scoring cable and use the AMB transponders.

Unfortunately, I was busy with other stuff and didn't get a chance to get lap times and didn't even get a chance to walk the pits to see who was there.

I did see Cary (TSRS #99) and Chase Stapp (THR SS #99), Lloyd Alexander in his #115 Pro Late Model and John Schultz in his #14 Pro Modified turning some laps, but that's it.

Levi Krauss tells me that Clint LaFont had his Super Street out... I missed him but I look for good things from the LaFont team this season. Levi also told me that he only got one lap timed on Cary, a 15.7. Lloyd may have had a 14.58, again, according to Levi. The 01 Toyota driven Tory Christopher was clicking off some pretty impressive laps.. I didn't get to time him so I don't know how accurate this is, but I heard 16.5 from one of the guys.

I heard that the 75 Texas Truck was here as well along with a few TPS cars and Bandoleros. I thought I saw a Bumbera or two, but didn't get a chance to chat.

So... if anyone has lap times please post them here.

Thanks.

Nick

Clint LaFont was testing their 88 car. He clicked off several laps in the 16.60s by my watch - very good times on a day like Saturday. I made several laps in the 99 Super Stock, but the lap times don't matter at this point. Let's just say I need some seat time....but I had a lot of fun. Looking forward to 09.

No Sport mods.

1 Pro late model, the 115 of Lloyd Alexander. Shaking down the car for Opp.

1 Modified, the 14 of John Schultz.

1 TSRS Car, Cary Stapp

A couple Super Stocks, the 88 of LaFont, the 99 of Stapp.

A grandstock or two, a couple hobbys/thunders.

Two bandoleros, Bumbera and Riggs.

TPS had 01, 88, and I think I saw another one.

The 75 truck was there, if he ran, I did not see it.

May have been one or two more. Track was surprisingly clean, but the cold wind was tough on everyone.

Tom,

Thanks for the recap. Even though I was actually at the track, I was busy working on banquet stuff and didn't have time to watch the on-track activities.

Both H and Jack worked hard to clean up the track on Friday. They had a full truckload of junk to haul off.

It was great to see so many cars showed up. I just wish I'd had more time to visit with the drivers, take pictures, etc. . . . maybe next time.

By the way, we did talk about the BBQ Cookoff display near the end of the banquet. BJ did send me the area location - 218, 219, 220 and 221. I'll probably head out there sometime Friday afternoon to deliver the banner, posters and flyers. See you then!

Archived