alky and nitrous?

you can,but it's very tricky.You have to pump a lot of fuel into a motor to work with nitrous.With all the timing changes that occur when n20 is applied during a run,you have to worry about washing out the spark with all that alky,loading the cylinders in a pressure situation and going home with a box of parts.Gas works alot better with n2o because gas ignites easier.There are a few that have figured out how to make alky/n2o work,using alky as the base fuel then using gas with the n2o.Some have radical timing controllers with timers for the ignition system to add and pull timing in and out for all the spark and timing issues.It's their way of talking to the motor,telling it how to drink right,and if they get it wrong and it belches,I usually hear a bomb go off,see the hood go flying 100ft in the air and intakes scatter in little pieces.

THANKS HAVE NOT HEARD OF THIS COMBO BUT ON BIG CARS WE HAVE A 69 PRO STREET NOVA WE R GOING TO ENTER ON PINKS ALL OUT AND WAS PUTTING 1 OF MY MOD MOTORS IN IT TILL WE GET THE OTHER 1 DONE I GUESS I WILL SWITCHER TO GAS OR RUN ON MOTOR THANKS AGAIN GREG DINSMORE :)

Good luck at Pinks Greg,should be an awesome event.Yes,I'd stick with gas and find a consistent package for PAO.Wouldn't be a good time to experiment with alky/n2o.Looks like we have drivers coming from Calif,Ohio,Indy,Arizona,Colo, and just about every state in between.I will have have my hands full for 2 days for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived