bomber class

hawk5

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Point taken, but as a fellow racer to some that did attend the races at your track I can only conclude that this show will not be on my schedule for next year as it was initially planned. My concerns are are only expressed solely for the purpose of trying to make sense of this situation. If you were "ROOTING" for the 38 car and he didn't break down but did get his azz handed to him then I hope your opinion would be different......On another note, one of my biggest pet peeves are blatent cheaters taking money that they didn't race for, or earn legally..........Lapping the majority of the field on a big money race would leave one to conclude that this car is the points champion and only lost a race when he broke down.........Someone pointed out the fact that this driver has more experience than "every other bomber driver put together" Then the question is why is he still racing bombers?............Texana bomber rules specifically say that the bomber class is a BEGINNER CLASS...........Anyway, this will surely tarnish the reputation of the track.....Texana will be known in the Houston area as a track that turns the other cheek when locals are bending the rules to keep the money at the track............Good day Sir and I hope that this comment doesn't offend you......That is not my intention

Wolfpacks opinion is right on. I agree 100%. It doesnt matter if he was there or not. The very way you get more out of town cars is how a track behaves and runs its track. We considered for a long time weither or not to come to this race. I dont have a real good reason why we decided not to come, however when this promoter gets on here next year and tells everyone that drivers can run their track rules and will be teched as such you can bet alot that came wont be coming back. Not teching on an every week event is expected but not teching this race is inexcusable and a slap in the face to those that paid to race on a level field. For some reason it sounds like they did tech the mods and limiteds so then you have to ask yourself why does the winner of the pures gets basically a pass through? Sorry Bruce before we bring any of our cars you will have to earn our respect all over. I am sure the offseason will bring alot to think about.

This is what bruce sent me a week ago.

Bubba'

We always enjoy when you come over to Texana. Haven't seen you in a while at Texana, so it'd be great if you come over. You put on a good show. If you have any questions give us a call. It looks like you've been running Hobby class this year. If you use that car, please remember that you would default to the Texana rules. Cars that have not been in Pures or Bombers at one of the tracks noted on the flyer, you would be reviewed under Texana Bombers rules. . Please make sure you are in compliance with the Texana Bomber rules. If you intend to run under the Texana Bomber Rules, remember there is a vacuum rule, and 72 cc minimum on heads under texana bomber rules.

Just sending this message in hopes to provide some clarity and not create any issues on race night. Hope you can make it, and again if you have any questions, feel free to give us a call.

Must of been some other bruce at trp. I did call him and he said that vacuum would be a large part of tech and if i pull vacuum then i would be illegal. I knew i would be illegal as per texana bomber rules so i didn't bring the gun, we brought the knives.

Point taken, but as a fellow racer to some that did attend the races at your track I can only conclude that this show will not be on my schedule for next year as it was initially planned. My concerns are are only expressed solely for the purpose of trying to make sense of this situation. If you were "ROOTING" for the 38 car and he didn't break down but did get his azz handed to him then I hope your opinion would be different......On another note, one of my biggest pet peeves are blatent cheaters taking money that they didn't race for, or earn legally..........Lapping the majority of the field on a big money race would leave one to conclude that this car is the points champion and only lost a race when he broke down.........Someone pointed out the fact that this driver has more experience than "every other bomber driver put together" Then the question is why is he still racing bombers?............Texana bomber rules specifically say that the bomber class is a BEGINNER CLASS...........Anyway, this will surely tarnish the reputation of the track.....Texana will be known in the Houston area as a track that turns the other cheek when locals are bending the rules to keep the money at the track............Good day Sir and I hope that this comment doesn't offend you......That is not my intention

The 38 had a great shot, just bad luck, it happens. He is also an experienced driver, just like 80% of the drivers out there that night. No, the guy driving the 12 did not win the championship, it was only his 2nd time to run at the track this year. His wife started the season in this car and she would have had a really really good shot to win the championship if she didn't get caught up in some incidents. If she was driving Saturday there is not a doubt in my mind she would have done the same thing. Look at the points standing and see for yourself, no one individual ran off with the championship, it was very close all the way up to the last points night. One more question for you guys, did ya'll really want to be out there all night teching bombers from SEVEN different tracks? Just think about how late we would have been there to do the top ten cars. :huh:

One more question for you guys, did ya'll really want to be out there all night teching bombers from SEVEN different tracks? Just think about how late we would have been there to do the top ten cars. :huh:

I think we could have just teched the cars on the lead lap and been outta there. The biggest thing is it didnt take thirty laps for him to lap this many people, there were plenty of yellows and maybe 10 consecutive laps at the end of the race for him to run over the field

I've been at a track till three am tearing down a car before, to me teching is part of the race night. If memory serves me I think there was a Grand show that ended at five in the morning. All this changes nothing, but I would rather be there for a couple more hours teching than leaving the track wondering if we were cheated.

Yea the veteran driver thing isnt that big a deal. Price of racing more and more. Guys might not race if they have to move up. My deal with the teching is if you had 5 to 10 cars with a chance to win and slugging it out, then they would be considered even cars in my book and dont waste your time teching. But if 2 or 3 cars walk the dog on the entire field like they did then something needs to be checked to satisfy most of the drivers who got whooped. Being lazy and taking things foregranted is what has pissed those off on here and nothing else. Just because the track assumes he is legal doesnt mean he is. That kind of approach leaves alot of doubt in the pits. The track is good, plenty of fans, good program, Big money race and nobody even talks about that just the teching. This should tell you in the overall picture what the priority should have been for this race!

tHERE WAS OTHER CARS OUT THE THAT WERE FASTER. WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE CARS? SOME SPUN OUT, SOME BROKE, SOME FLAT OUT OVER DROVE THE RACE TRACK, AND SOME JUST CAN'T DRIVE. SOMETIMES A SLOWER CAR CAN BE FASTER ON A SLICK TRACK. HERE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE-SAME DRIVER EVERYONE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT WAS ASKED TO DRIVE A SUPER STOCK FOR A FRIEND. THE CAR HAD A STREET STOCK LEGAL MOTOR FOR TEXANA AND WAS UP IN THE FRONT PACK CONTENDING FOR THE LEAD. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GIVE CREDIT TO A TALENTED DRIVER FOR BEING ABLE TO READ THE TRACK AND UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO. HE HAS BEEN ASKED TO DRIVE NUMEROUS CARS TO HELP FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO. YOU DO NOT GET RESPECT LIKE BY BEING A CHEATER, YOU GET IT BY KNOWING HOW TO DRIVE. AND TO THE PERSON THAT DOUBTED HIS EXPERIANCE, HE HAS BEEN DRIVING AT TEXANA FOR CLOSE TO 15-16 YEARS.

1000 dollars is alot of money to alot of people. Like said before, he was not the only experienced driver in this race. I agree drivers with his experience should not race in bombers during the regular season unless they cannot afford to move up and just want to have fun. The fastest lap time to my knowledge, run by a bomber at Texana, was the 38, and not only one lap. Several nights he dominated the field running really fast laps for a bomber. Can anyone answer a question, who finished 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th? I know 2nd and 4th was for sure out of town cars, 500 dollars for 2nd in the bomber is alot of money, I know I wouldn't be complaining if I finished 2nd. ;)

Guest Top Dog Graphix

The way I see it, everyone was outclassed, guy did his homework, obviously is fast, and a pretty good driver. orez28, not dogging you, but you are an inexperienced driver in your rookie year, you can't expect to show up to a $1000 to win race without doing some changes and expect to set the track on fire. everyone came expecting thorough tech, and obviously, that wasn't the case. next year we will bring a gun to the fight, and leave the knife at home.

o without a doubt your right, i wasnt going down there to win the race, wasnt expecting to at all. My argument isnt about me winning the race. I was doing it because it would give me a chance to run a real race with a large number of other bombers. Pure stock rules at i37 are already a handicap compared to running at texana. So i wasnt going there to win and i ended up losing power the second lap into the feature, so my argument is because of how many other bombers around me that dont get on here and have no way to get there frustration out there. I finished 25th in the race and had no chance of winning, but that doesnt mean i think it is fair for the race to be run like that.

so let me get this right. the FONZIE is stating that texana raceway park,was asked before this race if it would be allright if a seasoned veteran of 13 or 14 years would be allowed to participate in a BEGINNER CLASS high stakes race. is this what you are saying SIR?

Archived