Not all its cracked up to be

abrungot

Aaron,I love it,I got a couple of "Grocery Getter's" like that,that fool everybody -ones a 66 fairlane wagon that will pull a 60ft wheelstand and crack a 10 sec 1/4 off on that - - - in a heartbeat,and the neat thing is the 66 is all motor,no dope,no power adders,just a true F/Stocker,the other is a 63 nova wagon the gal drives into the track and will bust a 11 sec 1/4 on a kid in a mustang and send him crying knowing he got spanked by a lady in an ole 4 door small block all motor wagon.I like watching her run 10-12 passes and the young guns in the stangs and F-bodys shaking their heads as she drives by them on her way out the gate.

LOL Tommy,

When I lived in Ft Worth, had a friend with a suburban that wouldn't run an 11 in a 1/8, but it would run the same number all night. He'd take his wife and two kids to Texas Raceway, unload the BBQ pit, and his wife would race the truck because she was killer on the tree.

She took the money about every four or five nights with that thing, and the hot dogs didn't at all like getting beat by a grocery getter like that.

there was a local here named MALCOME MAY that owned PERFORMANCE WORLD on fredericksburg rd. in the 80s.he had a rambler wagon(FULL SIZE) that would run low 11s.on spray he could brake the 10s.he would drive this car from here to TEMPLE and run at little river,put on the slicks,race,then put his street tires back on and drive home.fun days...........frank t.

it's funny all this came up-toniite(sat) in our pro bracket footbrake final-I had a pretty quick wagon and a bad to the bone,fast,wheel standing,I mean carry the front wheels a 100feet out camaro(Randy Parks) get it on and the wagon went quicker than his dail in and lost,but he still went home with some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and Whipped some badazzez along the way.But the wagon had too,cause Mr. Parks was on the #'s all day.All I know,I went to work at 9 this morning we finished at 9:30 tonite.Raced for over 12 hours nonstop the first week of Feb,cant beat it with a stick.The weather was great.Even got a burn.

Guest RandyBorlace

Well tonight, i went to my first drag race ever. it didnt make much sense to me to see trucks and a pontiac vibe out there running against cars with big old hog motors and slicks, but i guess thats why its bracket racing.... Tommy, what would i have to do to run out there? may go out and give it a try since the first dirt race isnt til april.

Randy,come out on a wed nite,test and tune nite(i think its like $15) and make some runs and see what times you turn and then i'll show you how to cut a lite.We start at 6:30 pm,also on wed nite at 9pm we have a fun bracket race called Whoop A$$ thats free to enter and is a good intro to the basics of bracket racing.I dont know what time you got there yesterday,but between the rear engine dragsters to the stock pick ups,when we ran time trials in the 1/4 mile,ET's ran from 7.2 sec to hi 18 sec.Big difference.My favorite car yesterday was the ole school drag car 55 chevy that ran time only between rounds and had a 4 speed and left the line wheels up and was slamming gears and run 10.38 in the 1/4,brought back alot of old memories of how it used to be before the automatics and electronics.

Guest RandyBorlace

yeah that 55 chevy sounded awesome slamming the gears! i may come out there as soon as i get my truck finished, dont really want to take my old toyota car out there and get embarassed :lol: dont think i even want to run my all terrains out there though, may come up with a set of low profiles or something, but you may see an old blue chevy out there sooner or later.

I remember the first (and only) time I went to Little River (1982?) and watched a lady driving a Lincoln line up against a tow truck - can't remeber who won but I remember the lady pulling up to the line, putting her cigarette out then rolling up the power window before staging.

Archived