SAS Teams Coming to THR

abrungot

that sounds like it could be a good race at the end of the year......They dont run the streets down there so why not try and do that..... THR, SAS, CCMS street stocks runin HMS for the big race lets say 100 laps mandatory caution at 50 for gas and one tire of choice. All green flag laps ...... yellows dont count......

HOW DOES THAT SOUND WOULD ANYBODY SHOW UP FOR THIS ONE.

Guest HMPFlagman

Hey, we did an enduro race last year to finish off the season after the ARTS race - 200 laps or two hours - no yellows - just green - red if the track got clogged - black if you were throwin stuff around on the track/etc. - and checkered ... It was almost comical, but it was a good show, my parents who are usually the first people out the track after the touring series even stuck around to watch it till 2 AM (after a 3 hour rain delay earlier in the day)

Funniest thing about that day was, even when it was raining the enduros were out on the track, running around- actually helped dry the track.

man shaun paul and cary i hate for yall two to be the ones that get pissed im sure that thier were more of yall that showed up but i just remember at the end of last year shaun and mickey being the ones that took the challenge at corpus. and to cary your a bad lookin mother during those ss races.

Krusty, you're right about us at least. We didn't make the Corpus race. We were saving the car for the THR big one and didn't have the money to put the gears together. The SAS was closer to home, and Junior Medlock had a set of gears we used.

I thought there were a couple more THR guys that made it though - maybe Teague and Rusty Mirth, but don't remember for sure.

We've got our eye on that big Corpus race at the end of the season this year. All the cards have to line up just right for us. We still don't have any CC gears, but hopefully by the end of the season we can put something together.

Now i've never been to HMP but i do hear it's a 3/8 track almost setup like THR so would THR Teams have an advantage?

Chris

nope- it dosen't race anything like thr

I also made it to SAS for the Octoberfast last year. Had a great time running down there with Shaun Paul(5) and Cary(99) and Jim(73) and Chris(9) - all that I can remember from THR. Was my first time at track and it was everything that everyone told me about it and more. I plan on making it down again this year and just like Stapp's, for sure want to make the CCMS race also. Unfortunetly didn't get too many laps in before motor decided it didn't want to "live" anymore, but that's racing. Don't be surprised if you see some "top" cars from THR running down at SAS on a Saturday night sometime in the near future.

Don't be surprised if you see some "top" cars from THR running down at SAS on a Saturday night sometime in the near future.

What does this mean Duane? do you know something we don't know?

Chris

Archived