Night Under Fire July 2nd @ SAR

Full Service Auto Parts "Night Under Fire" will take place July 2nd @ San Antonio Raceway-Ground Pounding 300+MPH Nitro Funny Cars & Fireworks-Pro Bracket Racing with 150 of the Fastest Dragster,Roadsters,and Door Cars in the State of Texas-Two 300+ MPH Nitro Funny Cars running at 8:30pm and 10pm followed by the SAR Fireworks Extravaganza-gates open at 4pm-

admission $15 for adults-children 12 and under FREE------

track located 3641 S.Santa Clara Rd. Marion,Tx--------------

Well kosher I plan on going to SAR. In fact I plan on being right in the middle of the action when all of the racing is going on. The view from the stands is awesome but the view from the line is even better.

guess double d told on you chad-i got constant action too-from burnout to finish line, i can usually pop off 2 pairs of runs a minute-like the boss man told me, name of the game is keep the show moving-entertain the folks-thats what they are paying for,to be entertained

hell of a show-i would hate to pay the bill on that fireworks show-geez-maybe the city of austin can take a lesson-all i know is my lungs and nasal passages are full of nitromethane from the funny cars because i could only hold my breath for so long and my eyes are still on fire-my son josh, the driver of the usra truck #33 was standing behind me when i blasted the funny cars and he looked like he was crying when they lite the candle-i asked him how does 16,000 hp feel ,what he said i cant write cause nick would edited it

Tex,

The funny cars were Dal Denton and Todd Simpson, both driving Simpson team cars out of North Texas. They match-race here and there.

Dal made two full runs, low 5's at about 250 MPH. Simpson got close to the wall in his first run at lifted, and the second run it might have gone into tire shake, as he lifted again about 400 feet out.

I took my grandson to this show; even at his young age,(3), I think he is hooked.

Got to talk awhile with Josh Freeman, and briefly with Tommy, as he was busy.

Tommy doesn't do himself justice here; he runs a great show out there. He keeps it moving along very well.

The most amazing thing was, after midnight, and waiting for the last round of the night, he drove by on his buggy near where Josh and I were standing, and still had a big grin on his face.

Now there is somebody who really loves what he does.

Thanks TXtom-enjoyed finally meeting you even though it was quick-and that was on my one run to the johnny in 9 hours before eliminations-THANKS for the compliment-I do take pride in what I do and want my racers/spectators to have a great time-I like to constantly have action going on, but in a safe manner-our team has worked over a 100+ races together in the last 8 1/2 months and we know what the others thinking and it sure makes a show when your people are on the same page-we have a IHRA Mr.Gasket Pro/Am coming up in a month or so,maybe you can come check it out.About 300+ cars throwing down for all the marbles.

Archived