Kaden Honeycutt

ron.brown11

Haden had a really good run yesterday, in the Cars Tour race at Southern National . He started I believe 12th, ran in the top 10 nearly the entire race. Finished a strong 3rd. I haven't see a lot of the Cars Tour races in the past, but plan on watching as many of them this season as I can. According to the entry listing, he drove for Mike Darne Racing. I don't know the name, and didn't see many sponsors' decals on the car. From the stuff that I've read, Kaden isn't one of those silver spoon guys, and only races when they can get financing put together. He absolutely has the talent, so I hope he can get into a well funded ride soon. I know that he has some truck races this season. but it doesn't appear that the team that he's going to drive for, falls into that category unfortunately. 

• 2 weeks later...

He did run competitive there for sure.  He has had some back luck.   The only way to get a better funded truck team is to get it funded.  The best marketers get the best rides.  There is no shortage of good drivers, just a shortage of good marketing

Edited by 24nomo

• 4 weeks later...

Kaden ran a great race at Hickory!. Started 4th, ran as high as second, and finished 3rd. He held off some really good cars.  Carson Kvapil won in Dale Jr's car. Connor Hall was excellent in second. It was a bit of a wild race for the whole 150 laps. If not for the 100 lap Pro late model, I would have said that t it was a wild race. Both races had the checkers fly, with the top 2 cars buried together for the win. It was a great night of action from Hickory!! There were 9 cars that weren't able to qualify for the main tour race. Five of which are really good cars/teams, with past wins on the tour. Two more are on the Cars Tour "touring 12", which kind of like the old Cup winners circle plan. Both Dale Jr & Jeff Burton were on hand all day at Hickory. It's great to see the owners supporting their program. I'm sure that Harvick & Marks couldn't be there because of running at Talledega Sunday. Or I guess that it's possible that they were, but I didn't see them, and the announcers never mentioned them. Still happy to see Dale & Burton in the house. With the turn out of cars for this race, I can't wait to see how many show up for Martinsville next month..

Did you see that young lady  Isabella Robusto?  Her and that dude traded paint for about half of the pro late model race and she lost it on the last lap for the win, but that was the best run that I have ever witnessed for a young lady.  She is going somewhere, she has Toyota backing

I thought it was some of the best racing I have seen in a while. Kaden definitely looked good. That was a hard hit by Isabella. Glad she wasn't hurt. Not too sure about the guy they sent to the hospital for a look at. 

Yeah, I've been watching her race there for a couple of years now. She's pretty good too! I do have to say that that was the most aggressive I've seen her drive. It was a shame that she crashed. She normally races at Florence. It didn't show in this particular race, but there's another young lady that is really good. Myself, I think she'll be better than Isabella in a couple of years. Her name is Katie Hettinger. She is from the WI area, if I remember correctly. But she races mainly at Florence. I believe the number 1 reason why Isabella is getting pushed so hard right now, is because Katie is just 15 or 16, so she can't run some of the bigger tracks yet. Plus, Toyota really is hoping for a good female driver, and to increase their pool of up & coming drivers. Katie is fairly tied to Chevy. Katie was absolutely outstanding at New Smyrna in Feb. Won 2 features, and was on the pole for nearly every race she was in. Had another race won, and got torn up because of someone else's mess. There's another young lady (though not as young as either Katie & Isabella), named Annabeth Barnes-Crum. Se's pretty darn good too.

I agree Radical, Kaden looked really good. There were a couple of times that he really drove that car almost too hard. It looked like he was trying to carry a car that simply wasn't as good as the first 2. And it really didn't look like just the 2 that finished first & second. He got to second once, but just didn't have enough to stay there. His post race interview said that as well. His car was a bit slow on restarts for a handful of laps. Then here he'd come. Then it just kind of plateaued there. If he can just get some sponsorship, or have a team at the truck level really believe in him, I think he has a very bright future. I haven't found anything yet that says why Roper Racing replaced him with Johnny Sauter, but I'm betting it's because he can't bring a bunch of sponsor dollars. What a shame.

I looked in a couple of places, but so far haven't seen any details on the guy that got hurt. Hopefully he's ok. But without a doubt, it was some really good racing there Sat. I truly expect more of the same with the CARS Tour. I can't wait!

It was a photographer that was hit by the inside wall at Hickory, after Isabella Robusto hit it. I'm betting that Hickory will have that short piece of wall anchored by Sat. That or replace it with a longer piece. If that had been a full length of Jersey barricade, I don't think it would have moved that much. She just hit it right at the beginning of that short section.

So far, the only thing that I've read was that he got some stitches, and a possible concussion. I truly hope that's all, as that was one nasty hit that he took. It looked like he was shooting pics, and maybe didn't think she would end up hitting the wall. I don't know, but I get it if that was the case. I was the track photographer for 1 season, when I was in high school. I had a couple of close calls with race cars, while trying to get the shot. The funny thing is, I never thought that it was that close of a call, or that I might be hit. A buddy of mine was there with me on one of them. After the crash was over, and I got my shots, I looked around and didn't see him. He was 50 yards away, and still running. That was the last time he went anywhere near the racing surface during a race.

As we all know too well, being at a race track can be hazardous to your health. I sure hope that he's good though.

yes pay attention at the race track. I'm amazed when I see people in the pits with their head up their ass. Great way to lose a race track when someone other than a driver gets hurt or killed. I saw Jimmie Johnson slam his brakes at COTA this year because there was some clown out on pit road taking a selfie at the end of practice. Imagine the non sense at a weekly track. 

Edited by RodneyRodriguez

Sure enough, they took that short piece of Jersey barrier out, and replaced it with a longer one. Can't tell if they added any kind of staking to hold it, but that longer section should help a lot. It looks to be the same length as the rest of the barrier sections now. Hopefully what happened last week won't repeat itself..

Update: Isabella Robusto will not run the CARS Tour race tonight at Ace Speedway. She's out with a concussion from that vicious wreck at Hickory. They've got a young guy that races at the Madhouse filling in tonight. Too Bad, I was really looking forward to see her race tonight after such a good showing at Hickory.

Kaden started 14th, and was running 9th when the car in front of him blew up. Kaden was sent to the back for spinning, and restarted 22nd. He finished in the top 10 (8th I believe). Good recovery. Carson Kvalpil won for the 3rd straight race, driving for Jr. He lead nearly the entire race. The next race for the CARS Tour will be at North Wilksboro. I can't wait for that!  Tonight they had 7 cars that didn't qualify for 125 lap main. From all the rumors that I've read about, and the announcers were talking about tonight, There will be more cars sent home for the race at Wilks. The gap between the pole sitter Kvapil to 30th was 2/10s of a second. That's a very tight field of competitive race cars. I really believe that having JR, Harvick, Burton & Justin Marks owning this series is bringing more cars to the program. I hope that it will flourish for years to come..