Long-time Central Texas stock car racing sponsor, Charles "Charlie" McLemore passes

NickHolt

Charles “Charlie” M. McLemore 81, passed away Tuesday February 21, 2023. He was born October 20, 1941 in Clarksville, Texas.

Charlie is preceded in death by his parents Felix Durward McLemore and Floy Aileen Roe McLemore; three brothers, F.D. Junior, Teddy Ray and Linford Earl McLemore; and nephew Charles Eddie McLemore.

Charlie is survived by his wife Vangie of 59 years; two sons, Charles Todd, Michael Ward and wife Kristi; and granddaughter Charli Jean- his namesake.

Charlie was a graduate of McCallum High School. He then went on to graduate from Southwest Texas University of San Marcos with a Bachelor degree in Business. After college Charlie was partners in The Boat Shop- then president of PECU, Austin district. He started Magnum Trailers in 1973. Charlie, his wife and sons worked many hours while starting a new business. This year marks 50 years of Magnum Trailers. Charlie worked every day starting at 4AM. We will miss our leader, husband, dad, pawpaw, friend, employer and vendor. He was a stranger to none, friend to all.

I love you, Vangie.

Visitation will be held from 3PM to 7PM at Cook Walden Chapel of the Hills, 9700 Anderson Mill Rd, Austin, Texas, 78750.

Funeral will be held at 10AM, located at Magnum Trailers, 10806 RR 620, Austin, Texas, 78726. Please arrive early as Charlie believed, if you’re not early you’re late. There will be a luncheon held at Magnum Trailers by the family following the service.

The family requests guests dress in their work uniform, jeans and boots and drive your hotrod, weather permitting.

In lieu of flowers donations can be made to Hope Family Fellowship, located at 303 E Morrow St. Georgetown, Tx 78626

• 6 months later...
On 2/25/2023 at 12:09 PM, NickHolt said:

Charles “Charlie” M. McLemore 81, passed away Tuesday February 21, 2023. He was born October 20, 1941 in Clarksville, Texas.

Charlie is preceded in death by his parents Felix Durward McLemore and Floy Aileen Roe McLemore; three brothers, F.D. Junior, Teddy Ray and Linford Earl McLemore; and nephew Charles Eddie McLemore.

Charlie is survived by his wife Vangie of 59 years; two sons, Charles Todd, Michael Ward and wife Kristi; and granddaughter Charli Jean- his namesake.

Charlie was a graduate of McCallum High School. He then went on to graduate from Southwest Texas University of San Marcos with a Bachelor degree in Business. After college Charlie was partners in The Boat Shop- then president of PECU, Austin district. He started Magnum Trailers in 1973. Charlie, his wife and sons worked many hours while starting a new business. This year marks 50 years of Magnum Trailers. Charlie worked every day starting at 4AM. We will miss our leader, husband, dad, pawpaw, friend, employer and vendor. He was a stranger to none, friend to all.

I love you, Vangie.

Visitation will be held from 3PM to 7PM at Cook Walden Chapel of the Hills, 9700 Anderson Mill Rd, Austin, Texas, 78750.

Funeral will be held at 10AM, located at Magnum Trailers, 10806 RR 620, Austin, Texas, 78726. Please arrive early as Charlie believed, if you’re not early you’re late. There will be a luncheon held at Magnum Trailers by the family following the service.

The family requests guests dress in their work uniform, jeans and boots and drive your hotrod, weather permitting.

In lieu of flowers donations can be made to Hope Family Fellowship, located at 303 E Morrow St. Georgetown, Tx 78626

Hey Nick Holt, in this you mentioned PECU. Is that Public Employees Credit Union? If it is, do you know when he left that employment? Depending on that, it's possible that my son worked for him. My son re-did all of PECU's hardware & software systems about 15 years ago. He was hired directly by the president of PECU, at the downtown Austin main office. For some reason the McLemore name sounds familiar, but my memory isn't that good anymore. I only saw this after I found out about the passing of your brother. I was looking to see if there was anything on this site about John's passing, and just after I texted you. As I said in my text, may God Bless you and your family.

1 hour ago, ron.brown11 said:

Hey Nick Holt, in this you mentioned PECU. Is that Public Employees Credit Union? If it is, do you know when he left that employment? Depending on that, it's possible that my son worked for him. My son re-did all of PECU's hardware & software systems about 15 years ago. He was hired directly by the president of PECU, at the downtown Austin main office. For some reason the McLemore name sounds familiar, but my memory isn't that good anymore. I only saw this after I found out about the passing of your brother. I was looking to see if there was anything on this site about John's passing, and just after I texted you. As I said in my text, may God Bless you and your family.

Not sure what PECU is.  Thanks for the condolences regarding the loss of my brother, John.  

Nick