Revved Up Super Monday George Hagy

RodneyRodriguez

Happy Super Sunday! Highlight of my day was talking to #47 and booking him for the Monday show!!!!

What a legacy as Hagy came in to those late models when the late models were the shit in SA. It goes well before that as well and he will tell us all about please check in if you can. These legends love telling stories and cannot believe how many of you want to hear them!

https://www.facebook.com/RevvedUpSportsShow

LIVECAST and audio only: https://revvedupsportsshow.com/

George ran SAS when I was NASCAR Chief Steward and worked hard to master the track itself and kept his equipment in top fighting condition.  The team figured out that George didn't need to be the one dealing with the politics and rules enforcement, so he had his big brother do that job.  He was on the phone with me almost daily trying to get this or that tiny little nuance of the rules clarified, lodge complaints about George's competition, etc. 

I must say that he figured out the tire management game better than most and figured out early in the game that you didn't win at SAS on the first lap and you didn't win if your car came into the pits on the business end of a wrecker.

18 hours ago, NickHolt said:

George ran SAS when I was NASCAR Chief Steward and worked hard to master the track itself and kept his equipment in top fighting condition.  The team figured out that George didn't need to be the one dealing with the politics and rules enforcement, so he had his big brother do that job.  He was on the phone with me almost daily trying to get this or that tiny little nuance of the rules clarified, lodge complaints about George's competition, etc. 

I must say that he figured out the tire management game better than most and figured out early in the game that you didn't win at SAS on the first lap and you didn't win if your car came into the pits on the business end of a wrecker.

He was definitely great. Him and Donny Horelka were probably the best at saving equipment and being smooth until that Bendele kid arrived. I don't know how many times we would watch a 40-50 lap Late Model race at SAS and Horelka would be around 5th or 6th, and then with 5 or 10 to go, here he comes and would be flying to the front. Hagy was so smooth, he could probably start last and finish top 3 every night. Pat Lane was another. What I liked about Hagy and Lane and even Horelka for that matter, they didn't have flashy cars or stacker haulers. They showed up every weekend, put in their work, and took care of business and rarely seemed to have any issues with any competitors except the Lloyd Fisher faceplant night.