Ryan Luza

ron.brown11

I have not heard of Ryan Luza. Maybe it's because I am in south Texas. Can someone give me some background on him? From what I have read on here he is a hot shoe and it's my own fault I don't know him.

1 hour ago, Radical said:

I have not heard of Ryan Luza. Maybe it's because I am in south Texas. Can someone give me some background on him? From what I have read on here he is a hot shoe and it's my own fault I don't know him.

Young kid, out of Cypress, TX., came up racing at HMP. Bandolero’s then dwarf cars. He has ran in different classes at HMP for various car owners. Then he went to race at 5 flags in a pro late model. Did very well over there, and has also done a little super late racing. And I believe he is also one of the top iracers in the country. I don’t pay much attention to the iracing stuff, but the kid can wheel a race car.

22 hours ago, rails said:

Young kid, out of Cypress, TX., came up racing at HMP. Bandolero’s then dwarf cars. He has ran in different classes at HMP for various car owners. Then he went to race at 5 flags in a pro late model. Did very well over there, and has also done a little super late racing. And I believe he is also one of the top iracers in the country. I don’t pay much attention to the iracing stuff, but the kid can wheel a race car.

Thanks Rails. I appreciate the information. 

2 hours ago, NickHolt said:

I got to watch Ryan a number of times when he was running Legends Cars at HMP.  He was always the guy to beat.

He sure was Nick, they did all the work on that car at their house here in the neighborhood. When he went to go run at 5 flags I never saw a late model there much. They must had had a shop over there somewhere.

6 hours ago, Bobby said:

I understand he started in karts.

He drove modifieds a few years back for Raymond Delahoussaye at Kyle and possibly HMP.  He was at HMP again last year, although I don't remember what class.  Trucks, possibly.

I saw him win in a modified last year at HMP, then got DQ’ed on a ride height issue.