Chili Bowl

ron.brown11

I haven't seen or heard of anyone coming out of their seat like that in 40 years. Either I haven't paid enough attention to what's been going on in racing, or hopefully that was a really rare occurrence. I hope that they found out that something failed in his harness system, because the only thing left is his belts came undone. Either way that could have ended very tragically. Hopefully they can contain the blood leak in his brain, and won't need to operate, to relieve the pressure and stop the blood flow. That is a very blessed young man.

Rodney, I could go the rest of my life and gladly not see that again, as once was enough. The same for watching a player getting CPR on the field, during a game. That's 2 miracles in 2 weeks. I know that God has an infinite number to give, but it's rare to see them happen right before our eyes like that. Praying that he has a full recovery.

I was not there Wednesday night but was there Tuesday night as that was our qualifier night. A lot of people don't think there is an ambulance but it is parked outside as there is no room inside for it. But there is an amazing medical staff in multiple spots in the UTV's ready to go. I have seen another angle of this crash that hasn't been shown which is the drone shot and the staff was on him before the cars had stopped. One official almost got hit trying to get to him. 

There has been a lot of speculation as to what caused this and there has been a lot of talk about arm restraints getting stuck behind the latch and the hit and the arms moving caused the latch to unlock.  There is a lot of drivers that have stopped wearing arm restraints because of this issue and would not be surprised if something is finally done because of this wreck.