BREAKING NEWS: American Crate Late Model Series expands to add Southern Region for 2023

American Crate Late Model Series expands to add Southern Region for 2023

January 6, 2023

For immediate release: 

ACLMS Public Relations

Tel: 214-316-7631

Former All Star Crate Late Model Series to become ACLMS South 

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (Jan. 6, 2023) — Officials from the north Texas-based American Crate Late Model Series (ACLMS) and the All Star Crate Late Model Series, which runs at tracks across South Texas, have announced a plan to build Late Model racing statewide in 2023 through a collaboration.  

Dustin Daniel took over the former DFW Local Late Model tour from Mark Shipman starting in early 2022; while Owen Pittman, promoter at South Texas Race Ranch and Texana Raceway Park, created the All Star Crate Late Model Series late last year. Pittman says it makes sense to combine the two. 

“I'm super excited about the opportunities to grow Late Model racing across Texas by working with Dustin Daniel and his ACLMS group,” Pittman said. “He's done an excellent job building that series since he took the helm. I felt like we could propose a Southern Region to help him grow statewide. 

“Running two tracks and my trophy company doesn't leave much time for travel. My son will handle a lot of the chores in our Southern shows, but I'll be involved as much as I can. This will continue to  build on what we started, and hopefully take it to new heights. I think this region has tons of potential.”   

Daniel also drew several strong teams to his events in 2022 on the ACLMS schedule. He's been around the sport for decades (his brother Patrik is a veteran/skilled driver), and has the knowledge of how races should be run. Feedback from teams across North Texas was nothing but positive on his first season. 

“When Owen first approached me with this idea, I knew it made sense,” Daniel said. “Any time you can partner with somebody like this to grow Late Model racing is a wise move. We had a strong 2022 season up here in North Texas, and our 2023 schedule should top out at 20 to 24 races overall. 

“I think adding a South region makes perfect sense for us. There are tons of great tracks and teams in South Texas. Some of my Houston guys come up to support us, now we'll have a few races closer to home for them. This opportunity can do nothing but help to grow Late Model racing in Texas.” 

The first combination event for ACLMS North and Southern Region teams will be held at Cotton Bowl Speedway on Saturday, April 1. The high-banked 3/8-mile oval in Paige, Texas, will provide an ideal facility to showcase talent from all over the state of Texas in grand fashion.   

“I think Cotton Bowl will see a lot of guys come down from up north, and obviously all of my guys from down here will be there. It may be April Fool's Day, but our event will be 'No Foolin' Around' with tons of fast Late Models ready for battle. This combination should produce some exciting racing.”

The American Crate Late Model Series stand-alone schedule will kick off on April 22 at Grayson County Speedway in Bells, Texas. Stay up with the latest ACLMS news as it happens all year long at www.facebook.com/RaceLocal.

The All Star Crate Late Model Series will run its final race in early March at Texana Raceway Park, then become the ACLMS South Region. For more, go to www.facebook.com/AllStarCrateLate.