A FEW MONTHS AGO PAGE TWO .

HiTech

THERE COMES a time when you are speechless . where u cant find the words .. 

i am having a hard time finding the words 

...  A STORY  that started Well over a year ago  a quest  an adventure into the unknown  ..HOW WHEN AND WHERE  ... was the theme i  spent many a nights thinking about worrying  about afraid of .. sleepless  nights  for weeks and  wondered am i doing the right   thing am i doing it  the right way  even though i have never done something like this  . i have always helped anyone where i could even at my own cost  thats just me .. . but did i take on something i am not prepared for ..   many times i thought man its to much  it took alot of time away from my family days nights weeks ........   but a thought always stood in the way to help me on my way .. no way could u not .someone needs your help  u have it made  .the others suffers and is lost . and needs a helping hand .  the future could be brighter if only i can do something  nomatter my cost my familay and friends cost .. oe erson i met was in worst shape . something i could not live with with out helping  as small as it may seem  but can send someones future  leaps and bounds in the right dirrection  ..that partstill holds a furture  not proven yet   ... .. 

I SOON REALIZED  it was much bigger than i .. i needed the help of many   starting right  here  at home with my rock my wife and then onto   sam and his family  then brandon and his shop and many others i cant think of right now .. i ventured into a raffle i never in my life tried before did i do it the right way  ... it paid off so i guess it worked .. speedzone members  joined in most of all  we have never met  but many helped in many ways .. silent faces with a strong voice loud and clear   ad faces i may never see .but know they have a big heart a caring heart  a love of country a love of their fellow americans ..  many were veterans i  can only say thanks  the true and real feelings can not be shown  ...........  THE  SHOWING OF THE CAR that sam along with his dad and brother put so much energy into  making that a happen ..  i was there to witness an amazing  family .i learned so much yes old dogs can learn  i never in my life  of 66 years sanded a car over and over just to find it needed more sanding and that i am not all that great at it ,,..................................................... when davd the veteran  saw his car   . his voice said its blue  the sound had excitement i never heard  from him   the walk around was amazing to watch   all the folks outside to witness this   in the cold and rain  .. which brought the numbers way down who could attend .. and glad they didnt  with what mother nature had to give ..  i think the rain was sent  to help wash  some of the pain  the veteran carried  for so long .. ...    he was joyfull   . just what we all hoped ..i saw clear eyes  his true color not those dark  eyes i have gotten used to  that low voice as if to say i am afraid to speak ..   IN THE END LEAVING FOR HOME  david and i had a minute  face to face .. i saw life i saw color  i saw  happeness  i saw relief  .i saw a person who realized he isnt the only one  i left him saying  . its time to get out go back find that person u loved  .u have a wonderfull family inside the building  to live for  and u all deserve to be happy  ,u have many brothers and sisters  u will never meet   they all pulled for u  and  helped us along the way  .. .......... .. THANK U IS ALL I CAN SAY .. 

3 hours ago, rails said:

Glad to heat it went well. Send some photos to Nick of the car.

Yes sir  i  will   . i have the car at the shop  with finale touch ups and fine tuning  . ill  get some phottos to crazy saturday for any ........... after talking  to david  last night i really realized even more what this car means to him ........... IT  helps him find  a tiny bit of his  life before the service  ...  he loves the new look  and over taken about it ...so many helped .. 

3 hours ago, Flagman said:

HiTech,

I know you are not looking for a pat on the back. You have done an amazing thing for many people taking on this project. You have made new friends helped many people that you don't know with this.

Thank You for allowing others to participate and share in giving back to others.

NO SIR U ARE  CORRECT   no pat on the back i am just the servent    EVERYONE WOULD need a pat on the back is not what we all wanted .. . I mJUST GLAD SO MANY  saw what  i was trying to do with little information  .. all who  joined in  get the same thanks  and joy   that we played all a  part in . so many need our help and it is impossible  to do that ..  but like racing we work hard to pass the next car and the next the next week and so on ..  this was a no loss finish, first place everytime .. . david our vet is  not comfortable  right now around big crowds  just yet  ..  .only time will tell and i am sure   that someday soon that can all change but still have a big hill to climb i may need a tow rope  to get up there .. i told him  i can only help him so far and  he  will be meeting  some who shared his life  i asked him  to  meet some  brothers i cant be .. and will  little by little this will take some time.. but time is in   his favor ..  i have plenty  left i hope ... ...   glad you took the ride with us . tell the wife and son thanks ..

God Bless you for what you have done Mike. You are a good man. I promise you that you have had an affect on David's life & his family's life. You may never get to see it, but I'm betting that David will pay it forward, to another service member in need like he was (and I'm not talking about the car). Like I said to you before, you will never know how many ripples in the pond that you created. Blessings have a way of multiplying, usually in ways you never dreamed of.

There may be many that look down their noses at racers, but I know better. Yes, we get nasty and dirty. Yes, we've been known to say some really bad things to/about others, after something bad just happened. But they are without a doubt some of the most kind & generous people that I have ever known. There is a guy in Tucson named Carlos Serrano, and he is one of the most intense/serious racers I've ever known. Second only to the late ARCA & USAC stocks great Jack Bowsher. Carlos was a very accomplished racer. He was a local terror in AZ on dirt bikes & quads, winning a lot. He was twice a European 250cc motocross champ, riding his own equipment that he maintained. He turned down factory rides there because he missed AZ. After he got back home, he took up racing off road buggies & trucks, and won numerous class trophies. Then NASCAR's Brian France, yeah that guy, decided to pave a track in Tucson. Carlos built a super late model, and taught himself how to race it. He won over half of the features in his first season. I can't tell you how many times I saw him stop working on his car at the track, to work on a competitor's car. I've seen him loan, or out right give a part/parts to them as well. He would tell you how he set up his car, and not lie to you about it. He helped me learn how to race, and to properly maintain a race car. He didn't know me at all. I really admired how he raced, and told him so 1 night at the track. I didn't even own a race car yet, so he couldn't sell me anything. That's why I love the racing community so much. Most racers tend to be giving people. I said all that to say this. Some will go way past just helping out their fellow racer. Mike, you absolutely fall into that category! I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate what you have done for David.

Thank You!!

19 minutes ago, ron.brown11 said:

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that the Camaro looks great Too!!

SORRY  I HAVE NOT SENT ANY NEW PICS ..  i had the vet at the shop today we are having issue with the shifting ..found the shifter was worn to much .. . i ordered him  one tonight .. wont be in till the 27th ..i tried to get it sooner using our prime account  but that is the prime time being a holiday week .. ... he got his best look of the car today   slid his hands over it  just   twitching to drive it .. but he knows we had an issue with the shifter  worn  to much to use  something i did not get to see from the start  someone else took it out  before i got to the shop .. and they didnt notice the issue at that time .. fact till i put it in  at 2 am  i didnt notice it .. ... ..  after market cheese cake junk that came with the car  .. ,he could have driven it but taking a chance of missing something up  was not what we wanted ...  it has been a long time like two years sense he was able to go  some where with it  besides around the block ... good thing today  he met another vet who served around the same time  i made sure of that . the vet was the one who fixed the trans ..they hit it off  .. . i promiss tomorrow ill get some new picks  .of the car ..  like i said i was just the servant   u all became my helper  this  could not have been done with out u ... 

• 3 weeks later...

JUST SOME OF THE PROCESS  .   .  from start to finish .i have way to many   through out job i dont need pics  i have everything  between my ears and some i want to forget lol ..  ..i figure this is enough making nick work here ... ... ...    

AGAIN  everyone who  helped no matter  how big or small everyone may think it was,  made a vets life get a alot better .. he can now drive with the david he knew before he joined our nations honor .....   dropping  the car off friday night was not  planned, david  knew it would be saturday .. but he called and sam  just had finished  the hood  enough   to go out and road test it . still had some tiny  parts to put on  trim type ...  i called sam up as he was leaving to test drive it ,  i told him to test drive right over to davids house .. if it makes he can have it  for that night  ....HERE is the kicker something he hasnt done before .. HE WANTED THE CAR TO DRIVE THE TOYS FOR TOTS DRIVE  ... I asked david why  and has he never done that before  ,,,, HE SAID SO MANY   FOLKS helped fix my car up .and this is one way i can pay them back .. i said u owe us nothing pay it forward for someone else to follow suit  .. he gave a  homeless man  20 bucks to get something  to  eat  that night .. ....as i took it ............................. 

I KNOW many of u will never meet david  but many know him just the same many of you have been there ..  And many  of u know just what something so little means .  i my wife and others can never say thanks enough..........  ... on a side note .as sam and i asked  david to move his truck to get more light n the car  we noticed something and sam turn to say . man he is lite up excited and smilling like no other time .. ........... THAT MY FRIENDS IS JUST THE PAYOFF WE HOPED FOR .. . HE WON  WE WON ............ GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF U AND DID SO 

Mike, the car looks great!! So glad that Divid likes it. I'm even happier that it sounds like he may be opening up a bit. As I said before, you never know how many ripples in the pond, that YOU created. I have no doubt that David will continue with that. Anyone that has served in a forward operating theatre, has seen/done things that you just can't unsee or undo. Some find ways to get through, but that usually is due to a really good support system at home. Others have a more difficult time of it. It sounds like David was struggling, and you volunteered to be his support system. You didn't have to, but you saw a need and helped. Thank You!!

To all that helped, in any way, whether that be with helping work on the car, bought raffle tickets, offered parts, or sent some money, Thank You Too!!

I know that if I'd been able to be there when you showed the car to David, I would have appreciated the rain too. It makes my heart happy to know that there are still people in the world like you Mike. Nick, thanks for posting all the pictures!!

HE GOT today to visit  the  vet who fixed the trans and stopped by the body shop  .then came over to my house while i was working on my other project that is somewhat like this car  a tahoe we bought for my brother  an not work ..he still does not know about this either .. im batting a  thousand this year  ,thats in hours of work for free on two projects .. .. . and this one needs to  be finished before christmas and just like the camero it is fighting me all of a sudden under the hood  .but i will fix it this week i hope .. one of those bugs that is hard to find but the symple one that   always gives u hell..  ..david showed up just in time  .i needed someone to handle  the ignition key .like turning  to start ..... then before christmas  i have  to finish my sons bosses hunting truck as well ... ...HOW THE HECK DID I GET INTO THIS MUCH TROUBLE ,,.. AFTER  all of that i have ot get back on a friends 65 mustang  .. then the house work i need to finish ..amybe ill take off christmas day  .i have nt even given that day much thought .

sam  designed to yenko stripe . u can see in the pick ..we just didnt want a regular boring stripe . yet had no ideal how it would look or if the owner would like it .. he wanted one  so ...  spent a couple of hours or so   trying different looks  and this one looked   the best route ..trying to get it to come out just under the handle was  trick .. we sent all the measures  in  to our graphic man ...  and let his system do the rest  .. where the air brushed yenko  on the fenders are the stripe was suppose to come right even  with them but   it wasnt going to work out after cutting ..so missed alittle on that .. . sam also  hand made  what is on the hood ....  over all it looks good and the  vet is very happy ..he has had alot of poeple comment o that car . .. positive all of it .he now has a list of folks who want to ride around in the car ..  again it all paid off . i was standing ext to it the other day and someone drove up  and said wow  we didnt know the person .. till then .. .. its just a camero . but no one else has this one .