JIMMIE JOHNSON IS BACK!

RodneyRodriguez

4 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

They were caught several times. Wonder how many championships he would have if he was penalized with no points every time like they do at most Friday and Saturday night tracks.

well i would add harvicks team   gibbs teams . and others ... who knows just  how much  that made the difference  ..i dont like cheaters  and 48 was not one of favorites  ... i built a car for me that was questioned by many before i even had it half built  . took the track owner and pit boss to come  to the shop  seeing i was on hold in the area questioned ....they found it would  not     play any part in how the car handled ...  that car won some races ALL OVER  TEXAS  maybe six owners and finaly made it back down here 11 years later .. jesse was run over in  san antonio and  was wreck  enough we had to take her apart and rebuilt it as another  car ..

12 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

They were caught several times. Wonder how many championships he would have if he was penalized with no points every time like they do at most Friday and Saturday night tracks.

They all cheat in one way or another trying to get that little extra advantage. It's just that some get caught.

4 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

Oh I'm sure they do. That's probably why the phrase, "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying." Is so well known and accepted. Days of Thunder had a bunch of exaggerations but one line in it is true, "There's nothing Stock about a Stock Car."

HECK MY TRUCK ISNT EVEN STOCK ..I   i cheated and painted it black .. and changed the factory  sterio for mo power and sound .. 

I PAINTED MY FIRST RACE CAR BLACK  cheap walmart paint  all the car was  worth .. found out painting a white stripe on it  still got me run over  anyway .. .. i mean  the drivers told me they could not see me so  the stripe was added .. i think it was  because  i was a rookie and rookies you can bounce off  of  and still  convence the rookie  it was at fault .. 

• 1 month later...

..the greatest cheat of them all, is to just make them think you are cheating by screwing with their head.  Right Nick!

if u are winning races all the time .u are a cheater  either way ..i was called a cheater when i won more races or up front finishes  than some thought i should . always fun once  they saw  i was not cheating ..but if u were found cheating  once  that stuck with u from then on ..nick has told me  somethings he has found  some very innovative designs and many on the edge ... u dont know how many  teams each week nascar  finds something in question  and that is  just that in question  and not penalize the team but least warns them  not to do it again...

On 12/31/2022 at 8:05 PM, trlrider said:

..the greatest cheat of them all, is to just make them think you are cheating by screwing with their head.  Right Nick!

There are cheaters who blatantly cheat and hope they don't get caught.  Usually, they are neither bright enough nor good enough to use their cheating to their advantage.  Rarely do they even make it to the tech pad. Those are the guys who go around saying that they know the winner is cheating because our team is cheating and they're beating us.  LOL

There are cheaters who have found innovative ways to cheat with little likelihood of getting caught. Those guys and gals usually run up front. 

Then here are cheaters who just love to cheat for the fun of matching wits with the tech officials. 

Then there are those who take no delight in winning by cheating.  They do their homework, use the rules to their advantage and are almost always accused of cheating. They are winners.

Now, some of us like to leave a few obvious clues around that could possibly mislead our competition. My favorite was to mislabel our springs but keep very good records on a spreadsheet as to the actual spring rates.  Then when we made a spring change, we'd leave the spring we were replacing lying around for all the world to see.  And we'd put the new spring out on the ground before we put it the car.  Some of the rates were so far off from reality that it was a riot to see an unsuspecting team handle like crap after changing their springs to match!  LOL

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

Nick, my favorite was to take a piece of painted and capped PVC with a couple of wires, hose and a switch. Clamp it next to seat or behind the headrest where it could be seen. 
Folks would be so busy trying to figure that out, they would not see what we were really doing.
i remember putting a window net in the right window with clear plastic sewed to it for one of the TWS races.  Cotton Sherland and Bobby Castleberry shook their heads and said we needed to take it out.  Never noticed we had not finished the firewall yet because we were late leaving for the track.  Finished sealing the firewall before the first practice.

LOL, fun times.