Austin Wayne Self to run NCWTS at Phoenix

Austin Wayne Self will be ddriving the No. 22 AM Technical Solutions | GO TEXAN Chevrolet Silverado RST for his 17th race of the 2022 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season at Phoenix Raceway this coming Friday, November 4. 

“Statistically, Phoenix Raceway hasn’t been one of my better race tracks when it comes to finishing well," Self said. "We’ve had some really solid runs with our No. 22 AM Technical Solutions | GO TEXAN Chevrolet Silverado, but for one reason or another – we just haven’t been able to get the finishes I feel like we deserved. Hopefully, we’ll be able to change that on Friday night. We’ve had really fast Chevrolet Silverados over the last month or so and I’d love to capitalize on that Friday night and give our AM Racing team some momentum heading into the offseason.”

“There is no doubt that we had our highs and lows throughout the 2022 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season" Self continued, "but I am proud of my AM Racing team for standing tall through it all and continuing to put fast trucks on the race track. We have big things planned for our team on the horizon and I can’t wait for 2023.”

Since 2016, Self has competed in 145 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races, delivering two top-five and 15 top-10 finishes. He finished a career-best 12th in the championship standings in 2018. Spanning seven years of Truck Series competition, he maintains an average finish of 18.8.

Friday night’s Lucas Oil 150 will mark Self’s seventh start at the 1.0-mile race track. In his previous six efforts, the Austin, Texas native has delivered a track-best of 18th in the 2019 Lucas Oil 150 after starting 25th. Overall, he carries an average finish of 21.7 at the Avondale, Ariz. facility.  He has completed 804 of the 906 laps available for an 88.7 percent lap completion.

Crew Chief Jamie Jones and spotter Tony Raines will support Self, who sits 25th in driver points and 23rd in owner points.  

Although the NCWTS season ends this Friday, Self says he's not done racing for the year and will be spending the winter running on dirt in the Mid-East Modified Tour division. Details will be announced soon.

Last month AM Racing announced its intentions to propel the organization forward with “Future Focused” initiative where the Statesville, N.C.-based team will compete in the NASCAR Xfinity Series next season. The team also plans to continue its program in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series as well as the ARCA Menards Series. Full details on the team’s program, including schedule, car number, crew chief and partnership lineups will be announced ahead of the new season.

For more on Austin Wayne Self, please visit awsracing.com, like his Facebook page (Austin Wayne Self) or follow him on Twitter @AustinWSelf. For more on AM Racing, please visit AMRacingteam.com, like their Facebook page (AM Racing) or follow them on Twitter @AMRacingNASCAR. 

AM Racing is a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) team headquartered in Statesville, N.C. Established in December 2015, AM Racing is prided on faith, honesty and intelligent performance.