10/29/2022

top_shelf_12

Was really saddened that I was unable to go last night but doing some home repairs and not being an electrician hindered our efforts. Anyhow, the main thing I wanted to take away from this weekend is what an incredible and emotional week it's been for the Jennings/Kirschner family. I did make it to her Celebration of Life, just a few miles up the road and got to speak with Michael while there. The words I told him were, "I try to stay impartial while watching these races but I hope JJ wins tomorrow. He's definitely good enough and know it will be a meaningful and emotional moment." To show the compassion the Jennings family has, JJ had two very impactful additions to his car. Of course, the racing family is well aware of Alia and her untimely passing,  but the #stronglikemadi sticker is in reference to the other victim in Alia's accident. Madi is the young woman who stopped and tried to render aid to Alia when they were struck. Thankfully and only by the Grace of God, Madi survived but has a long road to recovery so my thoughts are with her and her family as well as the Jennings/Kirschner family.

Speaking with my dad earlier, he said it was the best night of racing all year at the Ranch. Two last lap passes for wins, JJ being one of them, emotional tributes as Alia will always be a part of South Texas Race Ranch. I can only imagine what this win means to JJ and the family and friends beyond the $1500, the trophy, and just the rewards of a hard fought win in one of the most competitive classes in the country. I can't wait to see the RaceonTexas upload and even though I wasn't there, I felt that win and importance from home.

Today is Alia's Birthday and I may not be the most spiritual or religious person, but I have no doubt she's already flexing her influence up there. Thursday night, Corpus had a 80% chance of rain Friday and besides a few light mists early Friday morning, mainly along I37 (away from the track and location of her ceremony) the service and races went off without bad weather. Sunny and cool for both, making it pretty comfortable. So between providing clear, comfortable weather to pushing JJ to the win, I'm sure there is a driving force up there. Happy Heavenly Birthday Alia and Congrats JJ.

FB_IMG_1667001659915.jpg

Edited by top_shelf_12