$1 Beer and $1 Hotdogs at SPRS opener Sept 10th at HMP

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to being able to catch this race tomorrow night. 

I would also like to mention that with the issues surrounding racing at HMP and asphalt racing in Southeast Texas, or Texas in general, I find it nothing short of incompetance that nothing has been posted on this forum in regards to this race since Nicks last post on the 20th. Not a good look for the folks managing this new deal. Not everyone has facebook, and some of the ones that don't have facebook have money to spend. Those people should be using every avenue there is to get the word out. 

Edited by rails

rails, good point. I'm one of those people that avoids facebook and I get all my racing info from this site. I came on here yesterday to see if the race was still on since I had not seen anything posted recently. I hope they have a big crowd and this series is a success. And thanks to Nick and sponsors of this site for keeping it going for folks like me.

7 hours ago, Turn5 said:

rails, good point. I'm one of those people that avoids facebook and I get all my racing info from this site. I came on here yesterday to see if the race was still on since I had not seen anything posted recently. I hope they have a big crowd and this series is a success. And thanks to Nick and sponsors of this site for keeping it going for folks like me.

Turn5, it just confuses me that the marketing people, or whoever they pay to get the message out, wouldn’t utilize this forum as a avenue to get there message out. 

2 hours ago, Steve said:

Over 40 cars practice tonight (Friday).

I count 13 truck and 12 modifieds.

Come out tomorrow and support asphalt racing. We'll be a very great night of asphalt racing.

Steve

Steve thank you for the update on the track activities tonight. I’ll be paying at the gate and beer stand tomorrow night. It’s been long enough since we have been able to attend some racing at HMP.

I can only post what the tracks / series send me or post themselves.  I have offered SPRS the full use of this site and have even made one of their folks a full moderator.  

Sure, FB is the place where most folks go to post, but this site still generates a bunch of traffic even though most never post a thing.

Nick

On 9/9/2022 at 2:09 PM, rails said:

Looking forward to being able to catch this race tomorrow night. 

I would also like to mention that with the issues surrounding racing at HMP and asphalt racing in Southeast Texas, or Texas in general, I find it nothing short of incompetance that nothing has been posted on this forum in regards to this race since Nicks last post on the 20th. Not a good look for the folks managing this new deal. Not everyone has facebook, and some of the ones that don't have facebook have money to spend. Those people should be using every avenue there is to get the word out. 

I'll take ownership of that.  I was buried at work and getting my truck going with a bunch of last minute things and just forgot to post here.  

I'll own that, and I'll do better.  There were some other folks that were also supposed to be following a playbook and, well, 60 days ago we didn't exist.  That's not an excuse, but we're going to have some teething issues, I appreciate the constructive critisism, and also just the bluntness of your post.  I didn't know there were people who only cruised here, and now I know.  I did see that Nick was posting everything as well so I didn't post as much as I was just slammed.

Let me know what all you guys would like to see as well. I do know that we need to send out more email blasts, again, work in progress, brand new thing started 4th fiscal quarter.  I'm not asking to hear excuses but let us figure it out, juuuust a bit.

Can't solve a problem we don't know about, I appreciate you putting that out there bluntly so we can fix it!

Edit:

We were keeping this on the downlow because, again, everything is new, and we simply didn't have the luxury of time to validate things.  Our website is STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS, but if you want to bookmark it and check it closer to race weekends, our web guy (who's also a racer!) is working on features to make it easy to get the info you need.  The site has been up for about 6 weeks now, it got leaked a few times even though it absolutely was not supposed to be public or seen yet, but as of now, we believe we have most of the bugs worked out.

Again, work in progress.  I think as a team of folks that didn't know each other, in less than 90 days, we did a decent job, but most importantly we're self-critical of what we know we didn't do a good job on.  Excited about SPRS Race 2, that is absolutely certain.  

https://southernpremierracingseries.com/

Edited by MikePeters95

Mike,

Thank you for your reply. And I am sure the start up of this operation has been a big undertaking. 

Big crowd on Saturday. I can tell you from this fans perspective it went off pretty well for a new group coming in. When traffic got backed up at the gate and congested the main road, they came out and opened up a 3rd lane and ticket window. 

I think I heard the conssesion stands got wiped out, but that is a good problem to have and an easy one to fix. I didn't run out of beer as I buy enough early on to carry me through the night. 

It was a very good night at the races and thank you to all who have invested the money and time to bring it back to us. 

Greg Railsback

Cypress, TX.

I was happy to contribute to wiping it out, almost put some hot dogs on track under those yellows haha.

But for real, nobody can solve a problem they don't know about.  I appreciate you guys not being jerks about stuff.

Friendship Speedway was a martyr for the potential toxicity of communities and I hope we never have to deal with that around here again.  I won't allow it or partake in it.   There is a right way to criticize and a wrong way.  Let's stay on the right side and be better.