The Old School Pro-Stocks Racing @ HMP a Few Years Back, Good Memories !!!

metroracer

• metroracer changed the title to The Old School Pro-Stocks Racing @ HMP a Few Years Back, Good Memories !!!
On 7/29/2022 at 3:26 PM, King237 said:

One of the best looking cars at HMP IMO

James7Car.JPG

Yep Agreed....   Miss Janett sure did Hold Her Own with the Big Boy's in that Beauty right There.   I think they were holding that car back.... Hoping the Class Would Return to HMP,   But The Central Texas area Super Stocks Prevailed.  Just Admire the Attention To Detail & Craftmanship We All put into these  Asphalt Racing Rides.   The Best Start Up type of Racing Cars for young Aspiring Asphalt Racers for that Track & at that Time Frame.....   A Fan Favorite as well the as for the Local area Young Racers alike....  Thanks for Looking....

Edited by metroracer

Announcer Sheet Houston Motorsports Park September 1, 2012  Stock Cars

HOUSTON MOTORSPORTS PARK
2012 SEASON
Nascar Stock Cars        

Car # Driver Hometown Model Color Sponsor
02 John Cornish        

1 Del Harris Huntsville Monte Carlo Black  

2 Lynn Hardy Jr.  Seguin     A-1 Rental - 41 Shocks - Day M/S
Boyd M/S Flinstone Racing
Owner Howard Willis "The Runt"
7 James Huff Houston Monte Carlo Blue Texas Roadhouse 290-1960

8 Jim Ashley Willis Monte Carlo Purple Monte Smith Designs.com
Mastercraft Homes Conroe

9 Scott Barber Sheldon Nova Black "The Bear"

11 Joe Smith Cleveland Monte Carlo Green Good Promotions

16 Travis Elliott Bayou Vista Monte Carlo Silver R & B Tile
SMI Agency
Thanks "Mimi"
18 Nathan Demski Dayton Monte Carlo White Innovative Commercial Interiors
Shaffer Oil 
McDonald M/S
22 Mike Mogensen Magnolia Monte Carlo Orange Floyd Vetroni - Owner

28 Dale Demski Dayton Monte Carlo   Houston Auto Sales
Shaffer Oil 

31 David Webster  Cypress Monte Carlo Blk/Gr Tasco Paint Supply - Nasty Race Cars
Lone Star Chevy Collision 
Hebert Financial.com - conroe
38 Robert Smith Livingston Monte Carlo Black  

Mildrid Smith
40 David Cobb Humble Monte Carlo Black BJ Atchinson-Owner
Best Auto Parts

46 BJ Atchison Baytown Monte Carlo White Houston Auto Sales

55 John Winne Sugarland Cutlass Sil/Blu  

68 Lori Lindley Katy Monte Carlo Red/Blk Whoop -n- Ride Racing
Camp Construction

73 Mason Teague Buda Monte Carlo Yellow "Hurricane"
Eat More Beef

76 Erik Olszewski Spring Monte Carlo White Woodlands Automotive

"Osheski"
82 Ted Colunga Ceraldo MX Impala Gray Sunny's Locksmith service

83 Randy Lovell Sour Lake Monte Carlo II White A-1 Rental - Flintstone Racing
Gentry Transmissions
"  Corn Dog"

These are cool, you okay if we throw some of these up on the SPRS page on Throwback Thursday sometime?

Be awesome if any of these are still around, we got quite a few leads on that survey to try to get that class going again and in the correct direction.

1 hour ago, MikePeters95 said:

These are cool, you okay if we throw some of these up on the SPRS page on Throwback Thursday sometime?

Be awesome if any of these are still around, we got quite a few leads on that survey to try to get that class going again and in the correct direction.

Some are Folks are Saying that These Pro-Stocks are were like Factory Stocks....  

However,  I beg to Disagree due to... with the Attention to Detail of these Racers Making the Effort to Make these Cars CLEAN & SLEEK Looking like they were,   Simply because it was a NASCAR Class @ HMP.....  Making this Racing Class a Step Above a Factory Stock.   Just the Safety Rules alone that this Racing Class was Subject to incorporate into these Racing Class....   Required Hans Devices, SA Type of Helmets, Full - Top to Bottom SFI Racing Suites,  SFI Gloves, SFI Driving shoes, In Date Seat Belts & Window Nets....  The very same as the Pro-Classes....   Also these Cars Ran Chassis Headers,  Ford 9" Rear Ends,  All Steel Bodies as well....,   These cars Had to Meet Up to those Strick Rules....   All Meaning that HMP was an Asphalt Nascar Sanctioned Racing Facility at the time with sort of like Standards to Meet  With....

Great Class to Race in Indeed,   The Race Fans Just Loved this Stock Class For Sure....

These Cars were a Tick Above Being Factory Stocks !!!!,   But Very, Very Competitive for sure....

Every Track should have a Stock Bodied / Stock Frame " V-8 Stock Car" Racing Class of Some Sort or Another.... Street Stock, Pure Stock, Chargers, Factory Stocks.....   

But at HMP,   The FANS & RACERS RELATE TO THE PRO-STOCKS OR STOCKS CARS as the Preferred Stock Car Racing Class @ HMP....  The Super Stocks were Refugees left over from San Antonio Speedway & Central Texas Speedway looking for a Place to race at when those two tracks closed down !!!   

The "Pro-Stocks" were Native to HMP and Should Always Be the Stock Car Class @ HMP in my Opinion !!!!

Sure Mike Peters.....   Feel Free to use any of these Pic's that I posted to share my Passion for being a Part of this Class back in the Hay Day of HMP.   So Please Do Share these Photos & Info with the Houston Area Race Fans of these Great Drivers, Great Race Track of our Area.

If this Class could get Started again @ HMP would very, very Cool indeed...

Glad to Help Out if Needed !!!!

John Cornish #02

Edited by metroracer

14 minutes ago, scotty9 said:

Street stock. Is this the class that has been chosen or is the decision still undecided at this point. 

Scotty....  They are still deciding....   They are desperate for Drivers Input on that very Subject.  It is a good chance of a Stock Car Type of racing class....  Please send in a SPRS Drivers Input Survey or Make Contact with "Mike Petters95" here on LSSZ...   He just P/M'd me and asked me if I knew any racer that is interested in racing @ HMP in a Stock Car type.    I have a Street Stock Roller that will be ready around the first of the Year,   This Car that I have will be For Sale for Racers interested in Racing @ HMP in a Street Stock....   They are scrambling to find interested Racers in General but also they are seeming to want to start up a Stock Car Class of some type.    They are thinking of Street Stocks or Maybe a Pure Stock type of Class.....   So any one with a Street Stock, Factory Stock, or a Pure Stock that is some what ready to go.....   Then send in a Driver Survey or Make Contact with Mike Peters95  ASAP.    We All want a Street Stock class racing again HMP.    It would be on the "American Racer" asphalt racing tires of coarse....

52 minutes ago, scotty9 said:

Along with the nova , I also have 2 a metric chassis  I'm slowly rebuilding . Yes sir I have filled out the survey and been in contact with Mike Peters. Hopefully we make some head way. As for tires are there pulloffs available from truck or modified classes. 

Ok, Good deal Buddy....