HMP is Back

24nomo

1 hour ago, metroracer said:

No Worries My Racing Brother....  Simple,  Just Bring it to Me & Leave it with Me a while,  I'll get it Straightened Out and Have it Looking Sharpe like an "Asphalt Race Car Should...",  Very, Very Glad to Help with a Project Like that.   Might need to bring Me some fresh front Fenders and fresh Nose cover to start out with....   I'll provide the TLC.....

In the Meantime....   We as Racers Need to Support the New Promoter with a Pool of Street Stock Race Cars Ready to go.... And Also Promote the Idea of a Street Stock Class to Included into the New Program.....   It's going to take Us to Voice our want to Re-Turn a Pro-Stock Type of Stock Car Class racing again with the New Program.   That Former Stock Class was a Fan Favorite & a Racer Favorite Racing Class at HMP for Many Years....   A Stock Car Class is WANTED very Much by us Racers in this Area.   I would very much like to race again @ HMP....  But it would only be in a Stock Car V-8 type of racing class.

I have a Candidate Type of Street Stock type of Race Car that I have been working on for the past few years, and will be ready soon....   I have been planning on Selling it,   But if I could race it here locally .....   Then I would Keep it and Support HMP's Oval Program.

Ther are More that a Few of us Local Racers that would Support HMP with a Stock Car type of Class....

An Appeal:   RACERS - A STOCK CAR RACING CLASS IS VERY MUCH WANTED.....  PLEASE HELP VOICE or CONVEY OUR REQUEST IN THIS MATTER....

Scotty,   Try Not to Beat Up the Old Nova any more than it is,    If HMP does include a street stock class,  they will need cars ready to go so to speak....   But No Problem of getting it Cleaned Up & a little more Aero Dynamic some what better. Thanks for Chiming in Brother.

( Also,  I am still holding back those tires for you,  Talk to me about tires some time soon, Sir...., other wise I am going to trash them out....)

It's not bent to bad. 

IMG_20220313_175439588.jpg

IMG_20220302_180620602_BURST000_COVER~2.jpg

1 hour ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

Yessir agree 1000%

Here is a "Perfect" verion of an "Asphalt Factory Stock right here....

Just > Add< a H.D. Stock front Sway Bar,  10" wide race wheels to go with the ( 10" wide F-45 Asphalt Factory Stock legal Pull-Offs), Also Add a Lexan front Windshield,  & Plug up all of the Holes & Open areas in the Floor Pan & Fire Wall,  and with  "In Date"  Seat Belts & Window Net,  & A Full SFI Fire Suit & SFI Helmet.... 

And Most Factory Stocks would fit in Nicely with a few Safety & Minor / Simple Modifications to comply with the Asphalt Type Safety Requirements,  And We would be good to go More or Less very Simply !!!

Bring them on......

293419566_10224811492146929_5862924117860351554_n.jpg

Edited by metroracer

9 minutes ago, scotty9 said:

It's not bent to bad. 

About as stock as they come now days. All steel body other than the doors (4 doors are very heavy). Stock steel firewalls and floor . All suspension in stock location. Non rebuildable shocks can run racing springs. Nothing fancy and affordable for most. Running  105 speedway pure stock rules.

6 minutes ago, metroracer said:

Here is a "Perfect" verion of an "Asphalt Factory Stock right here....

Just > Add< a H.D. Stock front Sway Bar,  10" wide race wheels to go with the (F-45 Asphalt Factory Stock legal Pull-Offs), Also Add a Lexan front Windshield,  & Plug up all of the Holes & Open areas in the Floor Pan & Fire Wall,  an In Date Seat Belts & Window Net,  A Full SFI Fire Suit & SFI Helmet.... 

And Most Factory Stocks would fit in Nicely with a few Safety & Minor / Simple Modifications to comply with the Asphalt Type Safety Requirements,  And We would be good to go More or Less very Simply !!!

Bring them on......

293419566_10224811492146929_5862924117860351554_n.jpg

I agree with 10" tires(f45) and wheels 

On 7/22/2022 at 5:50 PM, scotty9 said:

It's not bent to bad. 

Yah,  Not Half Bad.....  Just might need to "Lower it Down" a Tick....   But that Would Work just fine....

I've Said it Before,  And I'll Say Again, & Again, & Again....   Any Way that We can Get Scotty Barber Off of the Dirt and Back Racing at HMP would be the Best Thing that could Happen,  Regardless what ever the Racing Class.    Scotty was a Pro-Stock Legend that could hold a Candle w/ the Cahoones needed to compete with David Webster or Lynn Hardy jr. in his Own Right.   If HMP Opens Back Up,   Then Some How or Some Way....  Even in His Nova....   We Need Scotty Barber Back on the Track @ HMP.    Scotty is a Very Entertaining & Talented Race Car Driver Indeed.   How ever I Could Help Him back on the Track @ HMP.....  Then I am All -In.....  It would be The Dream of a Life Time to Race Again @ HMP in the "Old Time Class of the Pro-Stock" once again.   To Me.....   HMP is Not Complete with out the Standard Version of the old time "Pro-Stocks".

Edited by metroracer

15 minutes ago, metroracer said:

Yah,  Not Half Bad.....  Just might need to "Lower Down" a Tick....   But that Would Work just fine....

I've Said it Before,  And I'll Say Again, & Again, & Again....   Any Way that We can Get Scotty Barber Off of the Dirt and Back Racing at HMP would be the Best Thing that could Happen,  Regardless what ever the Racing Class.    Scotty was a Pro-Stock Legend that hold a Candle to David Webster or Lynn Hardy jr. in his Own Right.   If HMP Opens Back Up,   Then Some How or Some Way....  Ever in His Nova....   We Need Scotty Barber Back on the Track @ HMP.    Scotty is a Very Entertaining Race Car Driver Indeed.   How ever I Could Help Him back on the Track @ HMP.....  Then I am All -In.....

I appreciate it Mr John. I'm far from a legend. 

Hi Everyone,

A big announcement will come Monday but John Alverson and Dean Baker are working hand in hand to bring the track back beyond the glory years.  They are aware of the recent shaky history and lack of stability and are looking to fix that and create a stable rule package and schedule for the next few years. 

To do that though they need to know who's out there, and what's out there that can race.  PLEASE fill out this survey.  The folks that always say "They don't listen to the racers" here is your chance to be heard.  I am helping them collect the information and can verify every survey is read by more than just me and the information IS used to determine direction of the future at HMP, which will be bright, strong, and hopefully you'll be a part of it.  Please pass this along to anyone you know who has a car they'd like to run at HMP.  Below is a photo of everyone who has filled it out and class car count so far.

Please fill this survey out.  If you don't see your name, or your class represented, fill out the survey so that you can be.  This is your shot.

Survey here:
https://forms.gle/6o4Efeaf1gXs9h399

Hope to see you all there!
Mike Peters
95 Pro Truck

Surveyresponse7.24.22.png

I'll just add to this if you are going to fill out this survey please be honest on whatever they are asking. Under sell and OVER DELIVER. I have been a part of so many of these regimes and everyone is ready and them never follows though. Let these folks know what you are truly willing to do and please expect to be called upon to help them. If you aren't a driver or team owner and don't plan to be don't blow smoke up their skirts and make them believe you will be.

#OneTeamOneFight

Very Commendable of John Alverson & Dean Baker to Attempt to get the Oval Track up & Racing Again with the New Series " Southern Premier Racing Series" .... W/ the first Racing Event set for 09/10/2022, with a Total of Three Racing Events set for 2022....

So Please take a Minute to fill out this Survey,    It should help get things Up & Going again.

(Please, be Open & Honest with your intent & Recommendations with this Survey....)

Thanks Racers....  (Great News indeed.)

Edited by metroracer

The latest list and car count.  If you know someone and don't see them, reach out to them.

Let's make this fun, let's make this last!

We are really all hands on deck trying to find the mothballed late models and get them on track, as well as the Legends/Dwarfs.  If you've got a pavement car, we want it running.  We have lots of new ways to make sure (within reason) everyone can get on track, if you've got a vintage stock car, Ecostock, Pro Late Model, or the traditional Outlaw, Pro Truck, Modified, let's get you on track!

Surveyresponse7.24.22.png

The New Series is:   "Southern Premier Racing Series" (SPRS)

w/ Promoter John Alverson & the help of Dean Baker,  Race on Texas, Cell Tech Trailers.....

Promoting Pavement Oval Racing Events @ "HMP" & The "Revolution Park - Speedway" in Monroe, La. in the Future as well.

First Racing Event @ HMP is set for 09/10/2022

W/ a Open House, Meet & Greet,  & Free Practice session @ HMP 08/06/2022.

Besh Wishes & Good Luck: Sothern Premier Racing Series.

Edited by metroracer

12 minutes ago, rails said:

Anybody have a link for those of us that don't do the book face deal?

14 minutes ago, rails said:

Anybody have a link for those of us that don't do the book face deal?

Rails,  Just tune in to Rodney's Reved up Sports Show at the Link in his post above in this thread.    He will have the Promotor John Alverson on his show tonight @ 7:00 pm.