HMP is Back

24nomo

2 hours ago, 24nomo said:

HMP is back, the said more details on June 25.  New series coming.   Could that be the $50,000 to win and $10,000 to start Super Late Models?

There is a Facebook announcement on the HMP page to stay tuned for "more information" including a "new series announcement." They included a date of 7-25-22, which I assume is the date of the forthcoming announcement.

Sure would be nice to see HMP get something going. Such a nice facility to sit empty on the oval side. Been going there since it was dirt. But when John and Sarah ran it it was a special place from this fans perspective anyway. 

4 minutes ago, rails said:

No

And the address now is lake Houston Parkway, but if my memory serves me, it was E. Mt. Houston Rd back then, I think. Also back when Big H was dirt, Battleground Speedway was real popular and thriving as well. 

A New Oval Track Series @ HMP....  " Whoo-Whoo...",   Bring on the Stock Frame / Stock Body Street Stocks / Pro-Stocks !!!!

Yep,  I am Hoping that We Can Get a New Series here @ HMP sooner than later for Sure, w/  Full Stands & Full Pits like it use to be about Ten Years ago or so....

I hope it's something long-term (2-3 years). As someone that invested in the street stocks and pro trucks to see it essentially go away due to rule change after change and cars become dinosaurs it's hard to do it for the third time. Let's hope it something that provides a little stability to the guy trying to race and live out his dream by spending money that most in this inflated economy don't have. If this announcement caters to the modified and SLM teams, then I will be there to support their shows. I'm glad to see something positive from the pavement community and like you I will be watching next week to see the news. 

2 hours ago, T3Motorsports18 said:

I hope it's something long-term (2-3 years). As someone that invested in the street stocks and pro trucks to see it essentially go away due to rule change after change and cars become dinosaurs it's hard to do it for the third time. Let's hope it something that provides a little stability to the guy trying to race and live out his dream by spending money that most in this inflated economy don't have. If this announcement caters to the modified and SLM teams, then I will be there to support their shows. I'm glad to see something positive from the pavement community and like you I will be watching next week to see the news. 

Don't Leave Out the Last Minute Tire Brand Changes....  Rules Changes & Tire Brand Changes are all ways a Hit in the Racers Small Pocket Books Big Time....  I hope for the Best!!!!

18 hours ago, T3Motorsports18 said:

Lots of great stuff going on behind the scenes. If you haven't completed the survey being shared among regional racers, please make sure you do. Feedback from the RACERS is vital to the future of HMP. 

PM me and I'll get you a link to the survey if it hasn't been shared to you. 

2 hours ago, 24nomo said:

We just want $1 hot dogs and $1 beer

The 1.00 hotdog and beer days were good days. I didn't really drink the 1.00 beers very often, I would take a empty small soft sided cooler, and they would fill it with beers from the stand and ice it down for me. Always had cold beer. 

On 7/15/2022 at 4:51 PM, metroracer said:

A New Oval Track Series @ HMP....  " Whoo-Whoo...",   Bring on the Stock Frame / Stock Body Street Stocks / Pro-Stocks !!!!

Yep,  I am Hoping that We Can Get a New Series here @ HMP sooner than later for Sure, w/  Full Stands & Full Pits like it use to be about Ten Years ago or so....

Mr John I'm still onboard with your idea of the older pro stock class. We'll see. Might have to bring out the old nova.Not as straight as it was , but still very competitive on dirt. 

17 minutes ago, scotty9 said:

Mr John I'm still onboard with your idea of the older pro stock class. We'll see. Might have to bring out the old nova.Not as straight as it was , but still very competitive on dirt. 

No Worries My Racing Brother....  Simple,  Just Bring it to Me & Leave it with Me a while,  I'll get it Straightened Out and Have it Looking Sharpe like an "Asphalt Race Car Should...",  Very, Very Glad to Help with a Project Like that.   Might need to bring Me some fresh front Fenders and fresh Nose cover to start out with....   I'll provide the TLC.....

In the Meantime....   We as Racers Need to Support the New Promoter with a Pool of Street Stock Race Cars Ready to go.... And Also Promote the Idea of a Street Stock Class to Included into the New Program.....   It's going to take Us to Voice our want to Re-Turn a Pro-Stock Type of Stock Car Class racing again with the New Program.   That Former Stock Class was a Fan Favorite & a Racer Favorite Racing Class at HMP for Many Years....   A Stock Car Class is WANTED very Much by us Racers in this Area.   I would very much like to race again @ HMP....  But it would only be in a Stock Car V-8 type of racing class.

I have a Candidate Type of Street Stock type of Race Car that I have been working on for the past few years, and will be ready soon....   I have been planning on Selling it,   But if I could race it here locally .....   Then I would Keep it and Support HMP's Oval Program.

Ther are More that a Few of us Local Racers that would Support HMP with a Stock Car type of Class....

An Appeal:   RACERS - A STOCK CAR RACING CLASS IS VERY MUCH WANTED.....  PLEASE HELP VOICE or CONVEY OUR REQUEST IN THIS MATTER....

Scotty,   Try Not to Beat Up the Old Nova any more than it is,    If HMP does include a street stock class,  they will need cars ready to go so to speak....   But No Problem of getting it Cleaned Up & a little more Aero Dynamic some what better. Thanks for Chiming in Brother.

( Also,  I am still holding back those tires for you,  Talk to me about tires some time soon, Sir...., other wise I am going to trash them out....)

8 minutes ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

I've been telling anyone who will listen for the last 3 years there is a certain stock class on dirt running asphalt pull offs. There are hundreds of these cars everywhere and I know these boys and girls will go play on pavement. 

Anything .....  in the lower cost type of  "Stock Car" concept & that is affordable That would Get HMP Up & Running & Stay Up & Running for Years & Years with Full Stands & Full Pits....  The Racers in this area & The Local Race Fans want that as well.   Would be a Win - Win for sure.....