NASCAR @ WWT

24nomo

My guess is that because Chastain is already in the playoffs, one or more of those drivers that he turned yesterday, last week etc, will make sure that he has a bad first round of the playoffs. You don't piss off that many drivers in 1 race, and not expect retribution. And if you're going to pay him back, do it when it hurts the most, and that's in the first round of the play offs. I was happy to see that he thinks what he did was not acceptable, but until he proves it on the track, nobody will believe him. In a lot of ways, Ross drives a whole lot Ernie Irvan when he first came to Cup. I hope Ross learns quicker than Irvin did.

Hamlin must be trying to get fired from Joe Gibbs Racing. After Chastain spun Bubba out, Hamlin went to try and wreck Chastain for the third time. NASCAR has a pretty strict rule for drivers wrecking others under yellow. They tend to park the wrecking driver for the remainder of that event. Now Hamlin had a really bad finish yesterday, so on the surface it's like no big deal. Except to Gibbs & FedEx. NASCAR has also been known to sit a driver for the following race too sometimes. If that happens, now that's a really big deal. If Hamlin is so worried during a race about 23XI racing, maybe Gibbs or FedEx, or both will let him, and let him go.

That was Wrecky Stenhouse who spun Bubba.  And yes, Denny's priority is on his race team 23XI, not his own car and sponsors.  The only thing that I can figure is Fedex is enjoying the natural attention that Michael Jordon brings being involved.  Joe Gibbs is hipocrite and his grandson may be even worse.   But, you know what they say,  money can buy anything.