Jimmie Johnson @ the Indy 500

metroracer

Well,  Former Nascar Stand - Out - Jimmie Johnson #48 is set to Race in the Indy 500 this Weekend ....   Jimmie will try to make His Mark in the History Books by Trying to be the possible (Third) Racer in History to Win the Indy 500 and the Daytona 500 in His Racing Career.....   Texas's A.J. Foyt 1972 Daytona 500 Win w/ Four Indy 500 wins, & Mario Andretti 1967 Daytona 500 win & the 1969 Indy 500 win are the only "TWO" racers that have completed that Feat dating way back to the late 1960's & early 70's

Good Luck Jimmie !!!!

download.jpg

Edited by metroracer

2 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

I said a month ago he would win the "500". That would be really good Indy. He's starting in a great row with great teammates it will be interesting to watch how the race progresses. This race will be BY FAR the best of the day.

Yah....   Let's keep our fingers Crossed Rodney for sure.   But however on the other hand, he is going up against some pretty Seasoned Indy 500 "Ringers" with no doubt.  If Jimmie just stays at it for a few more years with a Good Team & Good Rides.....   He can do it.....   Maybe with just a few more 500's under his belt if not this time.   It is My wishes that he can REALLY Make History as a "Seven Time Nascar Champ"  w/ an INDY 500 Trophy to add to his personal X-Large Trophy Room w/ his Daytona 500 Trophy, His Martinsville Grand Father Clock's, His TMS Texas 500 Six Shooter Pistols, among many, many, many Other Trophies and such......

Jimmie is a "Winner" in my books.....

Edited by metroracer

4 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

Well JJ led a lap, but not the day he was looking for wound up in the fence. This race is like no other.

This year's race was a Grand Slam. 

figured he was staying  out to lead a lap ..  .. looks like he turned in to early or to far and lost it .. 

Well at least Jimmie got the 2022 Indy 500 Rookie Driver Award out of the deal....

Yep....   Seemed like Jimmie was down on power or dealing with an ill handling race car most of the race.   Then had some bad luck near the end.   What a shame.   I am pretty sure that he did learn a lot from this race that he can apply towards future Indy Racing indeed.

Pease, Keep Trying Jimmie....

Edited by metroracer