Wreck and run

24nomo

Yeah, that really was a CS move. One would think that Joey would remember Martinsville about 5 years ago, after Kenseth cost him a championship. I won't defend that move, but also notice that Byron didn't mention him sticking Joey into the turn 1-2 wall on the restart leading up to the final lap. If Logano wanted payback for that, he could have easily just nudged Byron lightly, until Byron had to lift. The pass would have been accomplished, and no pissed off driver or fans. At the end of a 30 lap stint at Darlington, everybody's tires are shot. It would not require a hit like that. Not Good Joey! 

Copy that.  Joey could have killed someone.  William sort of got out of shape on that restart the same place everyone was losing it, including Ross Chastain.   That was sort of rubbing.    Understand both sides, but Mr Logano has one coming from someone.   Maybe Mr H can protect the Hendrick boys reputation and furnish a car to one of their affiliates to get the point across to Joey.   I doubt he would have "Paid Back" Tony Stewart.   

I SAW TWO  RACERS going at it  both know they have to hang it on the line and things can  happen .. . had joey took the  bottom he would have done the same  to the 24  . . didnt look like  24 drove up on him . more slid up a tad and took the line  ... i expected joey  rough 24 up  if and when he got to him .but not a pure as$ day take out and admitted it ..  THAT SHOULD BE A FINE AND POINTS TAKEN AWAY .. This was not a dale sr bump .lol it was a pure take out .. had  joey punted him up  i say good racing .. not a punt  here .. 

I have no issues with Logano. He hit him a little harder than I think he expected to. He was so much faster than Byron those last couple of laps. Made up a lot of ground. Byron had already pushed Logan up to the wall earlier and Logano did just what he said at the end. I like Byron but he had to expect it. Everyone was talking about Logano when he started in Cup how he needed to get the message out to the other drivers. They were using him up every race. They said he needs to stand up for himself. When he started taking up for himself a lot of people took a 180 opinion about it. I can guarantee you there are drivers out there on our local tracks that may not have had won a race in a while (if ever) and it they were running this well that they would not have done the same thing. I think it all depends on who you pull for, I guess. Logano was deserving in this win.

Hey, Sr did more than his fair share of taking people out, and it was on purpose. Also, if you take points/$$ away for that stuff, I think there have been 3 races at the Cup level this season where that would apply. My point to my previous post was exactly that. Joey could have easily have just nudged him, and Joey still wins, and Byron finishes second. These examples are exactly why most Sat. night racers do what they do in like situations. There seems to be no respect for fellow racers like there used to be. Too bad too. And I'm not saying that a driver should just take losing, I'm just saying there should be some respect. Rubbing, hey I'm good with that. That wasn't racing for the win, that was wrecking someone for the win, and I'm not ok with that. As long as NASCAR keeps allowing it, it won't stop. But they have to be consistent with the calls. That's something that NASCAR has never been good at. And as much as I hated the way Logano did that yesterday, what Chastain did at COTA was much worse. Worse because he didn't just involve the driver he was trying to beat. He involved a 3rd car that had nothing to do with the battle between himself and Almindinger. Bowman got a second that I doubt he would have gotten, if Chastain hadn't dumped Almindinger. Heck, Bowman might have even won, but there was chance after Chastain dumped AJ.

NASCAR will never stop or fine drivers for stuff like the above mentioned. Races that run without this drama don't get much press time. As for Logano he has a long history of "aggressive" driving. And it seems it is NEVER his fault or unprovoked. But the fans love it.

Edited by arob

3 hours ago, arob said:

NASCAR will never stop or fine drivers for stuff like the above mentioned. Races that run without this drama don't get much press time. As for Logano he has a long history of "aggressive" driving. And it seems it is NEVER his fault or unprovoked. But the fans love it.

well i suppose we just have to wait for someone to get  really  hurt . its going to happen .as for  joey  he knew he was going to wreck  24  .. admitted it  ... came from his mouth   ,any notion he was just going to bump  is  pipe dream ..   joey never bumps anyone out  of the way  ..he wrecks them .. 

6 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

Look around, this is how we race now.

This atatement above unfortunately happens to be true. And it is disappointing to see. Was not one attempt to make a pass for the win this past sunday. 

Fans love it, it will give us drama going forward until the next guy pulls something.   There are a few ticking time bombs right now.  Harvick, Hamlin and Kyle Busch could go off at anytime.   I just wish they would go off on each other rather than bully someone who wont fight back.  They are just cowards, but cool to watch

6 hours ago, 24nomo said:

Fans love it, it will give us drama going forward until the next guy pulls something.   There are a few ticking time bombs right now.  Harvick, Hamlin and Kyle Busch could go off at anytime.   I just wish they would go off on each other rather than bully someone who wont fight back.  They are just cowards, but cool to watch

i wonder who wont fight back ..  LETS NAME SOMEONE ..  i have no one .dont be fooled about  about some those nice guys .. they just have more class . till they are sick of it 

Now those closing laps between Kurt Busch and Kyle Larson was real racing!! As best as I could tell, neither touched the other. And if they did, it didn't effect the other. Larson got a push coming off turn 4 I believe, and grazed the wall. He said right after the race that Kurt gave him enough room, but the car just got tight. That was fun! 

I'll tell you who should be pissed, and that's Joe Gibbs & FedEx. In approximately a 2 minute interview, Hamlin only mentioned his team (23XL), and sponsors. Even during the race, when Bubba had pit road trouble, Hamlin was asking his crew chief what happened to Bubba. His crew chief told him to stop worrying about him, and concentrate on his own car/race. That should be an interesting competition meeting this week. I'm not sure when FedEx's contract ends, but I'm certain that Hamlin's contract has an out clause if they lose their sponsor..

4 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

Ron best part of that was when the 5 spotter said "he ran us over" or something like that and Larson responded.. "no he didn't"

Saw some real racing  right there .two drivers going at it and not one touch  .. 

On 5/11/2022 at 9:58 AM, arob said:

I misunderstood. This is how NASCAR races now. Agreed.

Asphalt races for the most part. Not a whole lot of tracks offer multiple grooves. That combined with the rich kids with parents with deep pockets that drive through rather than around.

Yeah, I heard that. from the spotter. So I watched the replays again, and Larson was correct. Kurt gave hime room, but as Kyle's nose got about to Kurt's door, you could see the nose of Kyle's push right. At that point there was at least 2-3' between them. So either Kyle flinched and tried to take a little arc out (and I absolutely doubt that), or the air simply pushed Kyle's nose to the right. I've watched Larson race gets, sprints, asphalt and dirt late models, Xfinity & Cup cars. He's the ballyist driver I've ever seen, that wasn't also reckless/dangerous. I don't know if he is the best driver ever, as a lot of retired racers have said. But he absolutely belongs in that group, and that group is very small. What a pure talent..

On 5/16/2022 at 12:25 PM, ron.brown11 said:

Now those closing laps between Kurt Busch and Kyle Larson was real racing!! As best as I could tell, neither touched the other. And if they did, it didn't effect the other. Larson got a push coming off turn 4 I believe, and grazed the wall. He said right after the race that Kurt gave him enough room, but the car just got tight. That was fun! 

I'll tell you who should be pissed, and that's Joe Gibbs & FedEx. In approximately a 2 minute interview, Hamlin only mentioned his team (23XL), and sponsors. Even during the race, when Bubba had pit road trouble, Hamlin was asking his crew chief what happened to Bubba. His crew chief told him to stop worrying about him, and concentrate on his own car/race. That should be an interesting competition meeting this week. I'm not sure when FedEx's contract ends, but I'm certain that Hamlin's contract has an out clause if they lose their sponsor..

This is very interesting as I didnt realize this happened and I only got to watch a little bit of the race.  I wonder if this could be the reason for some of his lackluster performances this year, yes he has had car issues but how many of those could have been prevented.

Also anyone find it interesting that ever since Tony Stewart starting in with Leah that his NASCAR teams have been virtually non existent. Could the NHRA deal be distracting or could the rumor of Dodge coming back be tied in with Tony and Ford is not wanting to help as much?

IMO a big conflict of interest exist between the 23XL and JGR with Hamlin as one of the owners. As Ron said previously, FedEx and Joe can't be happy with what happened there, at a local Saturday Night Race for $1000 to win maybe.. but not at a big event that pays out millions and has a major TV sponsor. Maybe Hamlin is paying attention more to 23XL now that his cars are more competitive (??)