Great weekend of racing

arob

Went to the Texana Raceway Park event April 29 and saw some great racing , good car counts and big crowd especially for a Friday night. Then the event at the South Texas Race Ranch to more of the same. While at the Race Ranch a friend showed me a live shot at I-37 the same night and it was more of the same. Things are off to a great start for the South Texas race tracks. Thank you to the promoters and the race teams.

7 hours ago, arob said:

Went to the Texana Raceway Park event April 29 and saw some great racing , good car counts and big crowd especially for a Friday night. Then the event at the South Texas Race Ranch to more of the same. While at the Race Ranch a friend showed me a live shot at I-37 the same night and it was more of the same. Things are off to a great start for the South Texas race tracks. Thank you to the promoters and the race teams.

WENT   OUT TO THE RACES FOR THE FIRST TIMETHIS YEAR ..  i thought some of the races were good .. except for yellows  and the restarts .. i did not get to see many of races  so ill pick out just one class . factory stock .the biggest class of cars   this class is held out for last and thats fine  .but  that cone restart  after every yellow is for the  birds in my opinion  i didnt like it in tps  . fans go out to see some racing .that means restarts are a way to tighten up the cars for better racing .. . all i saw was freight train racing on restarts anyone  who had a decent car lets say 10th back  had no chance at all  getting anywhere near a chance t o move up .you cant  when you have to wait    ..AS  an old driver i figured why restart knowing  i have small or   no chance to move forward . this kind of starting  can run fans off . just the same as  wreck after wreck  pushing a race way to long .. this class is fast and more than i have ever seen it .you dont have  to be a really fast car when  you get a head start on the restart ..  i agree  there are times a cone should be used to finish a race that has alot of yellows from wrecks  .or better yet a time limit . but to do so every restart  no.... if a class racing fans out and freight trains after a start  that  is natural .. 

As a fan when I saw they were going to a single file restart I wasn't too thrilled about it. I see the reasoning behind it as it has dramatically reduced damaged race cars and multiple tries at restarting side by side . I say we compromise by keeping single file and getting rid of the cone and see how that goes. 

Edited by arob