NASCAR

24nomo

All that I can say is every race this year has been incredible.  The cup race yesterday could have went to just about anyone in the top 15.  Strategy, fuel mileage, tires etc.   What a deal man.   I can say I am a little concerned about the TMS races.  For whatever reason,  Texans just dont support Asphalt circle track racing.  I pray we dont lose a TMS race.  COTA may be a savior.   If not well attended this year, I am sure the All Star race is over.   And then, I dont blame Nascar for going somewhere else with that race.  

That all star race is going to be gone no matter how well it is attended. That race was an olive branch to Eddy when the took one of his dates and bolted for Austin. And  don’t be surprised if they pull out of Ft. Worth altogether within the next 3-5 years.

Yes sire, I would not be surprised if the do pull out of Ft Worth altogether.  Their only hope is to renovate and spend millions and millions and millions of dollars.  I am not sure if they want to chance that here in Texas.  We are all getting weird here, so perhaps Cota in Austin is our only hope to continue.   Support is important

I will be at the fall race again this year. But they don’t do much to help them selves up there. They have all that land outside the track up there they should have a big Saturday night concert or something to help draw people out. A guy riding in a motorized bath tub and a ole Chevy van on the front stretch before the race just doesn’t cut it. Thankfully they have opened a store back up on the grounds so you can at least get some ice.

Great points guys. Would love to see TMS stay on the schedule but there do need to be some enhancements to make the appeal better. Hopefully, they won't go the Atlanta route, I was never a fan of the Fontana idea of making that a 1/2 mile, and after the race back there this season I don't want that to happen there.

Possibly that would be a good idea for Texas a 1/2-3/4 mile reno there, could be a win for all of us as maybe some LM, Modified, and Truck races could happen there, imagine a Lone Star weekend on a track like that with some dirt events happening next door. That would be a win for all and a hell of a way to get some crossover.

Yes Sir,  One Atlanta is more than enough.  I am not sure what the magic juice would be there, they made a reasonable attempt modifying turn 1 and 2, but it backfired.   Cant wait to go, the racing is only part of the circus.  They just need a ring leader to entertain us.  Maybe a pole in Torchys Tacos in the infield. 

Martinsville was a snoozer in the cup series.  First one this year.   Ty Gibbs is just what the xfinity series needed.  He moves them out of the way and gets out swinging when he gets moved.    I am sure he would not get out swinging against Mr Noah Gragson.  At least not twice