Racing America, Gulf Coast Racing Series Reach Broadcast Agreement

CONCORD, North Carolina (March 29, 2022) — Officials at Racing America and the Gulf Coast Racing Series (GCRS) have announced an agreement for Live streaming coverage throughout the 2022 season at historic Mobile International Speedway, in Mobile, Alabama, and at Houston Motorsports Park in Houston, Texas.  

Along with the Gulf Coast Racing Series at Mobile, the agreement also covers the Wheel Man Racing Series’ visit to South Alabama Speedway on June 4, where the Gulf Coast Racing Series’ Wheel Man Sportsman Division will go toe-to-toe with teams from the Florida-based Wheel Man Racing Series. The Advance Auto Parts Pro Truck division will also be at SAS on that date. 

“I am excited to be a part of Racing America, I’m excited to partner with them to show off our racers and tracks,” said promoter Gina Schild-Knowles.  “We have huge talent that I want to showcase, and I feel like Racing America provides us with the ideal platform to do so.”  

Veteran motorsports announcer and publicist Alan Dietz is Director of Broadcast for Racing America, and says he's ready to bring GCRS events to a national audience all season long. 

“All of us with Racing America are excited to add the Gulf Coast Racing Series to our increasingly growing platform of races,” Dietz said. “The majority of our telecasts will feature multiple cameras at historic Mobile International Speedway. Mobile is one of the most iconic tracks in the country and will provide our fans with memorable door-to-door action. Also, having a track in Texas as part of this package brings us an element no one else has.” 

Veteran P.A. Announcer, Revved Up Sports Show founder and host Rodney Rodriguez will play a key role in this venture. Rodriguez is set to launch a new show called 'Dirty Air' in the coming weeks, and will be covering/interviewing GCRS drivers all season long. The new show will air on RacingAmerica.tv, the nation's foremost provider of in-depth asphalt racing coverage.  

“It has been truly amazing to be a part of our series and watch our growth as it has materialized quickly,” Rodriguez said. “We are very much a homegrown racing series. To have the opportunity to join Racing America, the true innovator in short track racing presentation, is just outstanding. I look forward to bringing some fresh new content to race fans across the country.”

In all, 16 events will be Streamed Live as part of this agreement. The majority of these events will take place at Mobile International Speedway, a 1/2-mile paved oval that opened in 1965. Run for many years by legendary promoter Lee Fields, Mobile is a gem. 

Also showcased will be Houston Motorsports Park, a beautiful 3/8-mile paved oval located just outside the City of Houston. 

The Gulf Coast Racing Series will open its 16-race 2022 schedule on Saturday, April 9, featuring the Advance Auto Parts Pro Trucks, Modifieds, Pro Late Models, Pro Stock, Legacy and Eco Stock divisions all in action at Mobile. 

If participation in last Saturday's Open Practice session is any indication, it's going to be a very competitive season for the Gulf Coast Racing Series.  

For more information, please go to www.facebook.com/nascargulfcoast. 

Gulf Coast Logo.jpg

Dirty Air Logo.jpg