COTA

24nomo

If only they'd allow strollers in for the NASCAR races not to mention coolers or bags...such a good event ruined by such STUPID management.

We go to SVRA, to the endurance race, to nearly everything else at CoTA but as long as they keep their stupid stroller policy in place we won't be able to go to the NASCAR races.

I went last year and I was sure I saw strollers.  Not for sure, but I looked on the site "   https://cotaexperiences.com/faqs  " and found this.   Not real sure though, Covid had changed the world. Cough Cough

"The following items WILL be permitted inside the Circuit gates.

• Blankets/Towels
  • Umbrellas (small, hand-held style)
  • Baby strollers
  • Portable, collapsible chairs
  • Personal camera equipment (e.g. digital cameras, point-and-click digital or film cameras). *There will be no lens restrictions.
  • Binoculars
  • NOTE: All bags, purses, backpacks and persons are subject to screening by security personnel. Fans entering Circuit of The Americas should prepare accordingly. Ticketholders should be aware that there are no provisions for returning banned items to them when such items are left at facility entrances. Patrons are encouraged to leave all banned items at home or in their vehicles before entering. Individuals who deliberately attempt to bring banned items through security checkpoints are subject to removal from the facility. All security measures are subject to change without notice.

Its SMI policy for the CoTA race specifically; go to nascaratcota.com and "What Items are Prohibited from Inside the Facility".

And no, I'm not leaving family at home because of moronic policy, my wife and I have been going to the races together for 15 years that's not going to change now. The whole point of racing (for my family at least) is a family activity, I can go to other events at CoTA for nearly no cost and enjoy them with my family as I see fit. I can also go to I-37 and back-up to the 1st turn wall and watch out of the back of my truck with my entire family...so if they want to stick with the nonsense then they can do it without the money of families with kids. 

On 3/9/2022 at 11:40 AM, 24nomo said:

COTA should be a awesome race for the Nascar Series.  Money is being spent like crazy already.  The $10,000 RV spots are sold out man, the money is back flowing 

Also…the Premium RV spots are $4k, where are they charging $10k?

4217F37C-F400-4263-9970-25B5A2E326C2.jpeg

Edited by JamesHigdon

16 hours ago, JamesHigdon said:

i can buy a nice set of tires and wheels for my moped with that 4 grand .. .. sit at home and watch it for free if i watch it .. cost nothing ... 

On 3/16/2022 at 10:42 PM, JamesHigdon said:

You are absolutely correct.  They are 10 grand for F1 and they are already sold out with the Reserve Seating.  We paid several months ago and I looked and it was 4 grand.  

16 hours ago, HiTech said:

i can buy a nice set of tires and wheels for my moped with that 4 grand .. .. sit at home and watch it for free if i watch it .. cost nothing ... 

4 grand isnt much this day and time.  Besides, I really dont care what it cost, supporting racing and spending time with friends is priceless

2 hours ago, 24nomo said:

4 grand isnt much this day and time.  Besides, I really dont care what it cost, supporting racing and spending time with friends is priceless......    

2 hours ago, 24nomo said:

4 grand isnt much this day and time.  Besides, I really dont care what it cost, supporting racing and spending time with friends is priceless

TRUE WITH FRIENDS if you can afford it . ..   4 grand just went into my house .... .fast .. ..

Edited by HiTech

4 hours ago, 24nomo said:

Yes, I did too, I got new tires for my house, I had to move and they were 10 years old

No mileage on them i bet ... BE a little more costly to put tires on my  house . getting through traffic  would be murder and under red lights , plus 40 acres  just to turn it around .

Edited by HiTech